Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ouch!

One night last week after the boys had been in bed QUIETLY for about 30 minutes , I heard an ear-piercing scream...the kind that makes your blood run cold and your brain panic. As I ran to their room, I could not imagine the amount of blood that I would surely find. To my surprise, there was no blood - just tears and cries. Jason and I both looked at Jacob's left hand and it looked OK. So we gave him an ice-pack and plenty of hugs before sending him back to bed.
However, the next morning, his first words were how bad his hand hurt. And it was swollen on top of the bones on top. And his 3rd and 4th fingers were pretty bruised. So once again, I tried to not panic. Dad was still in the hospital, they had school in 45 minutes, doc does not take calls for 2 hours...what to do?!??! After Jason spoke with the sanity I was lacking, we decided to wrap it in an Ace bandage and send him to school. Then call the doc and see when we could get in.
After 4 x-rays it was determined that his hand was NOT broken! Just a deep bruise! Thank goodness!!! And what causes a "deep tissue bruise" 30 minutes past bedtime? So far, we've gotten 3 versions. Apparently, Jacob was crawling down the hall on his belly to see what we were doing. Then his body "did something weird" and his hand was hurt. We suspect that the "weird thing" involved Rylan somehow...and the covering for each other has begun...

(These pics were taken on day 5 from injury...poor baby!!!)

2 comments:

BriteCloud said...

Isn't that just the way... when it rains, it pours. Always seems to be something else to happen when it seems like we can't take another thing. I'm glad he is on the mend. Ouch!

silken said...

oh my goodness! I am literally laughing out loud....after finding out that he will be ok! oh my.....the story....well, you are in for lots more adventures and "weird things" I'd say.....at least they stick together.....