Saturday, March 6, 2010

Go to the library today and get...

If you have not read this book, go NOW and get it!!! I'm not a terribly fast reader and I read this is 4 days. I could NOT put it down!!! Francine has never disappointed me with her books. Mark of the Lion was the best series I have ever read. Mark of the Lion was not only extremely well written, but it also strengthened my faith in God tremendously. It was so powerful to see a glimpse of life in the 1st Century Roman world.

Back to RL, this book is the story of Hosea, but it is set in 1850's California Gold Rush. Even though I know about Hosea and Gomer, this book was outstanding and powerful. The different levels of wonderful were wonderful!!! The basic story was wonderful. The spiritual implications were wonderful. It was an overall wonderful book. It is one of those books that you could read over and over! I loved that even though the main character is a prostitute, it was not a "dirty" or graphic book. It took you inside her head and painted a terrible picture of what goes through the mind of someone who does not feel true love. And Michael...oh Michael! His character mirrors God and Michael's unconditional love for Angel (the prostitute) is beyond words. The thoughts of that is how much God loves me and will NEVER give up on me...WOW! This book was incredible!!!

Which leads me to my next book by Francine...

This one is all about abortion. In the first 5 pages the main girl, Dynah, is raped. The rest of the book is the story of how those around her react and how her faith is tested and strengthened. Once again, Francine did not disappoint me! I finished this one in 3 days! One night I stayed up unitl 2:46am!!! It was wonderful too!

So why am I on a Francine overload on my nightstand??? Because we are going to meet each other! You know, and become best friends too! She and Beth Moore are on a book signing tour of Texas. They will be in DFW on Friday, March 19 and in Houston on Saturday, March 20. Go here for more details. Holly, Heather, Charisa, Rachel and I are already making plans to go meet Francine, take oodles of photos and of course, become best friends! :)

So go enrich your life, build your faith and read a book my Francine Rivers - you cannot go wrong!

3 comments:

Momma said...

I feel exactly the same way about her books...Leota's Garden is another great story.

Have fun meeting them!

Janell said...

I am currently reading RL right now and I LOVE IT!!! Just great...
Love you.
J

Kim said...

Awesome! I LOVE Redeeming Love. It's a favorite. I have the Mark of the Lion series, but haven't read it.
Thanks for mentioning the other book-haven't heard of that.
Say hello to Francine and Beth!