July 24
th is a special date in our history! For those of you who know me well, you know that I am very weird about remembering dates and numbers. My first grade
BFF - still know her phone number. 8
th grade locker
combi - still know that too, 18-24-36. Date of Prom - April 29. And don't get me started on birthdays... if we've met, I probably know your
BD. So it is not unusual for me to ask Jason, "Do you know what happened on this day ___ years ago?" Bless his heart - he usually plays along with me. But this date - July 24 - he remembers too!
10 years ago he proposed to me on July 24
th!!! We went to dinner at La Hacienda Ranch in
DFW - which was delicious!!! Then when we got back to his parents house he said , "Let's go out in the backyard and talk." So he got out a blanket and we were laying on it looking at the stars and planning our future when he jumps up and said he forgot something inside. He comes back out with a pink and black heart-decorated gift bag. Up to this point in time, July 24
th was no where near a gift-giving occasion, so I was puzzled. He handed me the bag and as I was opening up he was getting on one knee. I was sitting on the
blanket, so he was still taller than me though! Inside the box was a Kim Anderson figurine of a little boy holding roses with a heart-shaped box at his feet. Inside the heart box was my ring! Then he said a lot of wonderful mushy stuff and of course, I said yes!!!!! Below is the scrapbook page of the night and my ring ceremony at
HU.

Flash forward to 2006 - I was 27 weeks pregnant with our twins. Everyone said to take maternity pics at 31-32 weeks, but I was paranoid of bed rest, so we got them done at 27 weeks... on July 24
th. And it was a good thing because my water broke on August 9
th (don't worry, there will be another trip down date memory lane coming August 9
th) at 29 weeks and while I was in the hospital, these pics could never have been taken. A family friend took them and she did a very tasteful job! These are the ones on our bedroom wall...

This one is my favorite!

And now - this is us 10 years later!!! Some things have not changed a bit in 10 years... I still laugh way too loud, Jason is still the calm one, we still pray together every night, we still lay on blankets and plan our future and we still love Mexican food! But one thing has definitely changed - I am much more full. Not in monetary terms or the size of my tummy after supper, but in the fullness of my love for my husband... the fullness of my heart for my miracle babies, and the
overwhelming richness that God has blessed Jason and I
immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine. What a wonderful God we serve who loves us!
10 comments:
ok...sniff sniff! That was the sweetest post. Your love story is the sweetest!
I love your brain and how you remember everything. I hope some of that rubs off on me. HA! I am doing good to remember my favorite verse...wink wink!! ;)
Awwww, such a sweet story!! Thanks for sharing this, Kim. I was really excited and a little sad seeing myself in that picture. I remember your ring ceremony. It was so much fun to know and be excited for you with all that anticipation before it was revealed.
tears in my eyes...you guys are awesome!
What a wonderful story! Maybe I'll try to remember to blog a similar story this January 7th for our 9 year proposal anniversary!
Happy Proposal Anniversary. Since I missed your ring ceremony I am glad that I could hear the story.
PRICELESS!!! It took me back down memory lane too!
Kim, you look AMAZING!! Jason you look nice too but you didn't DELIVER two babies so I have to brag on your precious wife!!
Love you guys,
Janell
What a sweet tribute to your last ten years. I love the way you give God all the glory for the wonderful blessings in your life.
Happy Anniversary of your proposal! It's funny that you posted about this because I was just quizzing Shane on the date that he proposed- of course he didn't know!
Love the pics of your belly too!
What a beautiful post! You guys are such a great couple-and family! I didn't know that about you and numbers-very unique! I wish I had known you better at Harding.
Post a Comment