Holly and Lacie have been doing the
SPT's for a while and I always love reading their thoughts!
SPT stands for Self-Portrait Tuesday. A very neat girl,
Lelly, created the
SPT's. If I was more tech savvy, I would make her name light up so that you could get to her blog... but I'm not tech savvy! Check out Lacie or Holly and they have her on their
SPT for yesterday. Anyway...
Something old... there are so many fun old things
around our house to choose from... old mixing bowls from my great aunt that I adore, a painting of bluebonnets that my paternal grandmother painted when I was 2 years old, old furniture, but the "old thing"
around our house that brings a smile to my face every day are these...

Blue Ridge Pottery! My Granny (mom's mom) started collecting these
Kentucky-made plates before I was born when her sister Iva gave her one with pink dogwood blossoms on it. They are all hand-painted years ago, so no two are exactly alike. Granny picks one up at every antique store she stops in. Some of them are fruit, some are flowers, some have painting on
the edges
and bumps on the edges too. Granny still has about 20 of her own, but she passed down 7 to me a few years ago. Here's my collection!

What is something old at your house that you love? Come join the SPT bandwagon with me!
2 comments:
I've always liked those plates, they are perfect in your kitchen. It's also special they hold memories for you.
Let me know your email, and I can give you some thoughts on cake if you are interested! kjlbox@hotmail.com
Post a Comment