Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yipee!!!


For the last 9 weeks I have been a faithful Weight Watcher. I followed the rules like an obsessive woman! I discovered that Skinny Cow Cookies-n-Cream ice cream sandwiches are almost as good as Blue Bell. I discovered fruit again! I got a new WW cookbook and love 95% of the recipes. I gave up Dr. Pepper and have survived. And I feel healthier. So where have all these discoveries and obsessions led me? To my 10% weight loss goal plus a little more! Yipee! Last Monday I was .2 pounds away from my 10% goal, so this week I was extra determined. This Monday when I stepped on the scale, I had lost 2.2 pounds for a grand total of 20 pounds gone!!!! So during our meeting I got the coveted 10% key chain. Who knew a little key chain and loose pants could bring me so much joy?!?!?

12 comments:

Heather's House said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! I love the keychain! Keep up the good work! You inspire me.

Jody said...

I am so proud of you I can't see straight!! You rock!!
I love love love my list you sent and it is on my refrigerator!!!

Did I mention that I am SO PROUD OF YOU????

Love ya,
J

BriteCloud said...

Way to go! I know you are proud.

Danna Ramsey said...

That is fantastic! You really are an inspiration, Kim! :-)

penguinette said...

WOW Kim! 20 lbs is a major accomplishment. Weigh to go :) hey what is the name of the WW cookbook? I am always looking for healthy recipes for the fam.

Charlton said...

That's awesome Kim! I know how you feel about the Dr. Pepper. I had slowly started weening myself from DP before I found out I was pregnant and then once I found out, haven't had one since. That's 4 months and I've survived too! Surprisingly, I haven't even had a real craving for them either! It's amazing what determination will do! :)

ashleigh said...

GO KIM! Don't you feel great? You should be so proud :)

Here is one great thing about giving up the Dr Pepper habit...when you do have one, it is SUCH a treat! When I had some splurge points, I would choose DP over cake or ice cream. (And I know people say, "now I just can't stand to drink a soda" but that is a big fat lie ;) )

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kim, congratulations! That's a lot to lose--and so exciting when it comes off! I'm so happy for you!!!

maria said...

Way to go Kim!! I am so proud of you--I knew you could do it. You are a definite inspiration!

Lacie said...

Congrats girl!!!

Don't get caught by a big gust of wind- we will never find you!

love ya!

Dallas said...

Congratulations! I am doing WW, online though, so I doubt I will be the recipent of a keychain.

I am so proud of you!!!! Have you seen the new spray ranch? It's great and 0 points!

abc said...

Hey my fellow sunshine girl! I'm really proud of you. That's quite an accomplishment! I did it once about 7-8 years ago and now I need to again. You are inspiring me! Oh, and I love reading about your sweet boys! You are a great mom.

love- ashley (brady) chandler