Thursday, May 15, 2008

SPT - Something New

About a month ago when Jason was in California for a week, I went into "house project" mode. I hung new frames, got a new ceiling fan for the den (thank you mom and dad!), had the light fixture hung in the guest bath that we got for a Christmas present in 2005, re-labeled the spices... you get the picture, I was on a mission! But my favorite project was re-decorating the guest bath/boys bath.

In March 2007 our dear friends Trey and Lacie moved about 6 hours up north. As they were packing up their house, Lacie sent out an email to see if anyone was interested in buying the bathroom stuff that she had recently bought for her boys bathroom. I had not even seen the stuff, but knowing Lacie's tastes, I knew it was adorable!! So I quickly responded yes! For a very, very low price she sold me 2 rugs, shower curtain and hooks, toothbrush holder, cup, trashcan, tissue holder, and 2 framed pictures that she made. It was very hard when they moved and it has taken me this long to be able to get the stuff out of the box and get it hung. So here is our new bathroom!!!

And here are my sweethearts LOVING the jungle decorations!!!


The boys are so funny. They will go into the bathroom and touch the animals on the towels or shower curtain and make the corresponding animal sound. Didn't Lacie do a good job picking this out?!?!? Thanks for passing it down to us - it makes me smile every time we brush teeth, take a bath, etc.

Next week's SPT... something borrowed! Stay tuned!

8 comments:

Deborah said...

SO CUTE!! I haven't changed our guest bathroom decor in about 10 years (wow, that sounds weird), so you may have just inspired me to look into it.

I am typically so boring and practical when it comes to decorating, but the jungle-animal theme is precious!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bathroom! And your boy's towels are adorable! (And of course, so are they!)

Danna Ramsey said...

LOVE it. That could work for a girl's bathroom, too, don't you think? :)

silken said...

very cute!!

maria said...

Very cute decor! I'm sure the boy's love it--and I love their personalized towels too!

Heather's House said...

LOVE IT!!! It turned out so cute! I know Jason was excited!

Whitney said...

The bathroom is super cute! I love their towels too!

Lacie said...

I'm glad it worked out!!! It looks WONDERFUL!!! I bet Jason was thrilled it was done on his return home!