Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Rylan's First Haircut!

Today was the big day for our first-born...losing his baby locks! People had been telling us for months that he needed a haircut. People thought he could have a pony-tail and that he was a girl because of his hair. But it took Mama a while to warm up to the idea of her baby getting his first haircut. Jason needed a haircut, so today became the day!

When we arrived at the quaint barber shop in the middle of town, the lady was ready for us! She and Jason had been talking about the boys for months and she was excited to cut their hair. First she cut Jason's hair and we watched closely. Rylan inspected each tool and scissor very carefully. He was still calm, so it was his turn in the big black chair. Look closely and see his long spiky locks...they are soon to be gone!

Let the cutting begin!
Rylan did so good! He sat calmly and played with the fire truck and his favorite book (Big Red Barn). No tears were shed - from Rylan, Mama or Donna, the barber!
The finished product!!! Doesn't it look fantastic!?!?!
Sweet Rylan and one proud Mama!
Rylan and Daddy by the barber pole out front. They even had a cute "My First Haircut" certificate. I saved a baggie of his hair and it will probably bring tears to my eyes for many years. But overall, I am pleased with today. Rylan looks adorable and our little baby is SLOWLY becoming a little boy.

12 comments:

Whitney said...

That's a sweet story! How cute that they give you a certificate! I'm glad it was a good 1st haircut experience!

And his hair looks great!

Heather's House said...

oh my...your baby got his first haircut and my baby went to Jr. High orientation for the first time. sniff sniff!

R's hair looks so cute...but then he always looks cute.

Holly said...

Awwww!! What a milestone--for everbody. He looks so cute sitting in the barber's chair.

Will you sprinkle any for the birds a la Sarah Plain and Tall? HeeHee

Anonymous said...

Awww, he looks so cute! Great haircut! I had such a hard time getting H's hair cut for the first time, he had a duck tail growing by the time everyone convinced me that he was starting to look like a girl!

Dallas said...

Kim! Good to catch up! Your boys are adorable...I look forward to watching them through your blog!

BriteCloud said...

Oh, he looks so big! What a cute haircut.

I love the certificate. Looks like a scrapbook moment to me!

Lacie said...

Don't they look sooo grown up after the first haircut! It seems to add months to their age!

I'm glad you were feeling better and were able to enjoy the memory!

Amy S. said...

Hi Kim! It's funny you found me on Whitney's blog because just that day I was planning on checking out all her friends blogs that said "Harding friend." Anyway, I'm so glad you found me. It's neat to see what your life is like. You are definitely "doubly blessed" with your two boys. I had two girls first and then a boy and another boy on the way. Boys and girls....they are both so much fun. But I especially love seeing each of their individual personalities develop. Sorry I'm rambling here :)

Your boys are adorable. I look forward to reading more about your family!!

maria said...

I love the pics of Rylan getting his first haircut--he looks like such a big boy now! I always get a little sad when Layton gets his haircut because he looks older each time! Isn't it amazing how fast our little ones grow up?!

Amy McCown said...

That first hair cut is so hard. He looks cute with his big boy haircut. That is fun they give you a certificate.

Amy McCown said...

That first hair cut is so hard. He looks cute with his big boy haircut. That is fun they give you a certificate.

Sandi said...

Hi, Kim! I'm so glad to find you -- I saw the link on Amy's page. Your family is beautiful! Congratulations!