Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The end of our Christmas 2007

OK - I took WAY too many pictures on Christmas. It is a sick obsession. One of my new years goals is to take less photos and make them more meaningful. We'll see how successful I can be at that goal! haha

We were trying to get the perfect shot again of the boys in front of the tree. I guess a shot when they are not screaming will have to be my new definition of the perfect shot.

Opening lots and lots of gifts... We open most of the gifts on Christmas Eve and Santa leaves gifts to be opened on Christmas morning.

Santa was very good to Jacob and Rylan this year. They love the baby basketball goal!
Dad pulled off the ultimate gift surprise for Mom. She is a "Fan-ilow." That's right - a "Fan-ilow, " a die-hard fan of Barry Manilow. Barry is having a concert in Dallas in February and Dad got tickets for him and Mom! She was SO shocked and started crying. We are very serious about our obsessions in these parts! :)
Then the cooking extravaganza began!!! Jacob was a great helper in the kitchen. He helped Granny and I stir the dressing.
I've taken a zillion pics of the table with all the food and decided to try something new this year... after the feast of turkey, dressing, fruit salad, sweet potatoes, homemade yeast rolls from Edna, and cranberry sauce.

Even though it is a few weeks late, we hope that your Christmas was as fun as ours was. May your new year be very blessed!

4 comments:

Heather's House said...

ok...how did you score edna's rolls? ha ha! Love the pics. I know the boys had so much fun opening presents. And your Mom with Barry...priceless. :)

Love ya

BriteCloud said...

What a fun Christmas with the boys! They will only get better as the years go by.

I can't think of anyone who deserves a break to see Barry Manilow, more than your Mom! What a great gift. Will your Dad be able to stand all of the Estrogen at the concert? lol

Whitney said...

I think it's hilarious that you're resolution is to take LESS pictures! ha ha! I know what you mean though! :) What a fun Christmas!

Sarah said...

Kim, your boys are so cute! It looks like ya'll made precious memories this year. I absolutely love their striped pj's!