Poor Jacob! Saturday night we were giving the boys thier bath. I was reaching down to pick up Jacob...he started standing up...his feet slipped... and he landed head first on the edge of the bathtub. Poor little guy has his first shiner! It started as a huge goose egg above his eye and by Sunday morning it was nice and purple on his whole eyelid. When we have been out and about everyone asks if Rylan did it to him. My reply is, "Oh no, he loves his brother. He got in a fight with the bathtub and the bathtub won!"
In other family news... Rylan is exploding with words! He said his first two sentences! "No no bye bye!" with panic in his squeaky voice as Jason was leaving for a meeting. Mom and Dad had stayed with us for a few days. The next morning after they left as I was changing Rylan's diaper and he said, "Gran, Pop, bye." He had such concern on his little face like he really was sad that they were gone. It warmed my parents hearts! :)
I have started private tutoring and am loving it! So far I have 2 second grade girls and they are both precious. It's nice to be using my teacher knowledge and to be able to help kids academically again. Next time I'll have pics, no time today!!!
7 years ago
10 comments:
I wish we lived close enough for you to tutor Chloe. I would love that!
I'm sorry about Jacob's eye. Those bathtubs can be dangerous territory.
Aww, I miss tutoring! I did that after Houston was born until we moved to NJ. That is the BEST stay at home mom job and so much fun to keep you feeling connected with the teaching world! I'm sorry about your Jacob's shiner though! Houston has a black toenail right now that he's had for over a month and makes me feel bad about every time I see it!:( I hate it when our babies hurt themselves!
Poor baby! I wanna see pics of the shiner! :) His first real boo-boo. LOL!
I saw that boo-boo on Sunday, poor baby. That is the first of many I'm afraid. Somehow their heads are like targets for everything... or at least Kamri's was.
Awww...their words! Too precious!
Gotta love'em.
his first words and he's already talking in sentences! smarty! :)
I did not know you were tutoring! I know that is really great for you.
Ouch- poor Jacob! You'll have to take a picture of his eye to remember his "fight with the bathtub"- hopefully next time he'll win!
So I'm singing, "I fought the tub and the--tub won..."
Poor J.
I hate that Jacob got hurt! Kids that age shouldn't even be able to have little bruises on their head, but unfortunately (like Robyn said) its one of many to come. Sometimes I think poor Layton has a penchant for getting boo-boos on his head. I guess its all part of being a boy. Anyway, hope he heals soon!
KIM!! Oh my goodness, I am so excited we found each other in the blog world!
I have the most random thing to tell you. Last year, when Joshua was in kindergarten, he had the sweetest little first-year teacher. When I met her for the first time, I thought, "Wow, she looks like someone I went to college with, but I cannot put my finger on it.." It wasn't until I clicked on your blog that I realized it was YOU! You have a twin who lives here in Middle Tennessee--I'm telling you it is uncanny. Glad to have that mystery solved.
Your children are just adorable, and I look forward to keeping up with your exciting life as a mommy of two boys. There is NEVER a dull moment, huh?
Looking forward to keeping in touch!
Poor Jacob!!! It won't be the last AND before it is all over he Will probably have one from Rylan- just the way it is!
I'm glad the tutoring is goging good- I guess it is after school???
Post a Comment