Saturday, December 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Sweet Treats

We went up to DFW for TG this year.  The day before we left the boys and I did a little baking.  We have done so much baking in the past and with school, it has been a little harder this year.  So all three of us were so excited to get in the kitchen and get messy!

I had pinned a ton of TG ideas, so I let the boys pick which one they wanted to make.  Rylan picked the Indian Teepees.  We started by mixing a yellow cake mix and then baked it in sugar ice cream cones.  That was tricky!!  After snipping off the tip, Rylan dipped the big end in chocolate and then in green sugars to be the grass.
 The finishing touch was adding pretzel sticks to the top!
 They turned out really cute and tasted fantastic.  He was so proud of his creations and LOVED eating them the rest of the week!
 Jacob picked Pilgrim Hats.  He started by unwrapping the Reese's cups.
 They he laid out the Fudge Stripe cookies.  I squirted a bit of icing onto the Fudge Stripe and he put the Reese's on top of the icing.  Then I added an orange slice square.
 They turned out really cute too!  And they were a hit with the family!
I can't wait for our next baking experience!!!  I love my little chefs!

No comments: