Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Good Old Days"

One of my friends has a plaque at her house that says. "These are the good old days." I've become a little obsessed with that thought. These days while the boys are young and at home... they are the days that we will be talking about for years to come as the "good old days." We will fondly remember all the battle scenes, poopy diapers, vacations all over the USA, playing Candyland for 2 hours straight, and on and on. These are the times that Jason and I dreamed about for 3 years before the boys came. So as I get tired and frustrated, I want to remember that these good old days will pass and become a memory before I know it. I want to savor and enjoy these days and even these trials. As another slightly older lady once said to me, "A quiet house is not all it's cracked up to be." And I think she is right... so bring on the happy noise, bring on the games, the laughter, the tears, and all the fun because these are the good old days and I want to savor them!

1 comment:

silken said...

my biggest problem is that I long for those good old days....