Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Jellybean Bark

I saw another family do this on a blog and we HAD to do it too! My boys are obsessed with jelly beans! At my parents house, they keep a jar of jelly beans for the boys year-round. When Rylan was in OT and I would drop off Jacob, GPop would always bring Rylan a small bowl of jelly beans for the ride to OT. Sometimes I wonder if it is because when I was pregnant, I was not allowed to eat chocolate, so the former M&M jar on my desk became a jelly bean jar. I must have eaten 5 pounds of jelly beans a week! Who knows??? But I do know these boys LOVE them some jelly beans!
To make the bark, you melt 1 pound of white chocolate in a double boiler. Then spread it onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet. While still hot, drop jelly beans into white chocolate. Refridgerate for one hour. Break and enjoy!
Next year, we will add even more jelly beans, so that when you break it, each bit has 2 jelly beans! :)

No comments: