Saturday, August 9, 2008

What time it is?

Tea time, of course!

A few weeks ago, my sweet friend Aubrey came to stay with us for a few days. Aubrey is exactly 10 years younger than me. She was a junior in high school and I was one of the ladies who was teaching a youth group sleepover lesson on purity. Aubrey was a new Christian and this was the first time that we met each other. She was in my break-out group and we had so much fun visiting. Over the next year and a half, we would always chat at church and when we did activities with the youth group. She chose to go to HU, which thrilled my soul! So before she left for college, we had a fun girl-y day of LaMadeleine, shopping and chatting. We went to visit HU a few times over the time she was there and always at least had a meal with Aubrey. And over each summer she would come over and we would watch Spring Sing. Her family moved about 2 hours from here, so now we don't get to see Aubrey as often. But last week, she made my week, by coming down and staying with us for 5 days! We had such a wonderful time together!!! She is like the little sister that I never had.

Aubrey spent the first 6 weeks of summer in Scotland doing her pre-student teaching. While overseas, she fell in love with tea time! So, when she came to stay with us, she brought a box of fancy-schmancy tea bags. We had tea every day and even had Stacey and Kylee over for tea and cookies one afternoon. I have to say, I was skeptical at first. But now I am converted! The self-proclaimed "non-hot-beverage-only" drinker loves hot tea! I have sampled peach from England and chai spice. It's hard to choose which one I like the best. Any suggestions?

So back to tea time... we had tea close to 10pm every night.And used my china! It was fun to get it out and use it! Aubrey and I both like it "doctored up" with 2 scoops of sugar! The first day we had Paula Deen's snickerdoodles - yummy! The next time Stacey brought over a delicious lemon-blueberry cake. Then we made chocolate chip cookies. This tea time may not be too good for WW! hahaha
And here we are... two tea drinking friends!
It was so wonderful to have Aubrey with us and we are looking forward to seeing her at HU Homecoming! It is heart-warming to see God move and connect people who need each other. Aubrey holds such a special place in my heart. Thanks for coming to stay with us - we are already waiting for next time!

5 comments:

Amy McCown said...

We had tea time at HUF every night and it got me drinking tea. My favorite is Twinnings peach tea. Celestial Seasonings also makes some really good herbal teas. I think that I may go make myself a cup of tea now.

Deborah said...

How fun! I can only imagine the influence you have had on this young girl's life.

By the way, you look great! And, congratulations on your success in WW!

Holly said...

I love the whole idea of tea time! Glad y'all had such a great week together--FUN.

BriteCloud said...

What a fun friend to have!

I love hot tea. Have you ever been to Teavana in the mall? They have LOTS of teas and lots of sampling. I'll have to share some of mine with you. Glad you came over to the "hot" side. :)

Traci said...

You are still such a cutie!!

You can reach my blog on Maria's. It's not private, it just changed a while back.

I stalk you, too! :)