This weekend I had the privilege of being a chaperone for the Big Sis/Little Sis camp-out with our church youth group girls. It was a wonderful experience!!! So here are the highlights and the things you need for a perfect camping trip!
1. Awesome, ultra-cool counselors!

2. Feet ready to walk to the bathroom and back and to carry us to devos.

3. Smiles and laughter with great friends!

4. Coat hangers that you pulled the plastic-coating off of so that you can roast weenies over an open fire.

5. A shirt to cover your eyes when the smoke attacks you!

6. Marshmallow to catch the OBNOXIOUS flies buzzing all around!

7. Chatting with Christian sisters as the sun sets and a storm rolls by.

8. 25 incredibly fun, spiritually-minded, sweet, silly teens!

9. An outhouse!!!

10. A $25 horseback ride through the forest. I got to be one of the counselors for this activity and loved it!!!

11. Canoe trips!

12. Picnics under the water bags to keep away the flies... could be an old wives tale though!

13. Paddle-boat rides with friends

14. Cabins with a loft! I slept in the loft with 2 teens and it was fun! I felt like Sydney Bristow and was inclined to do a flip off the top! hahaha

15. Generations sharing their faith and witnessing God's beautiful creations!

16. SMORES!!!!!
17. Did I mention Smores?!??!
Overall it was a wonderful weekend! I loved getting to bond with the girls, learn from the other counselors and have some silly time too! Already looking forward to the next one...
4 comments:
That was the best time! OK...the fly picture....gross! HA HA! Glad we didn't chomp down on that one. What a fun and uplifting weekend! Love ya!
What a neat experience!
Coming from a youth minister's wife--thank you for going on this trip and for being an example to those girls! I know they loved having you.
thanks for being there for our girls!
Post a Comment