I could not remember the blog of the real SPT inventor, so I made up my own this week! Are you obsessed about something? Is there something around your house that you have a million of? What is your weakness while shopping? Mine is cookbooks!
When we go on vacation we get one as our souvenier. People give them to me for my birthday. And at Pampered Chef parties, I always buy one of the dollar cookbooks. They are my weakness. Luckily, I do use them. One advantage to having so many is that we are always trying new recipes. I am one of those ladies who writes all in her cookbooks....smily faces, yucky faces, dates we tried them, Jason's reaction to the recipe, etc. I love cookbooks!

I have several favorites! One of my favorites is the HU black and white cookbook. It is neat to cook the recipes of my favorite teachers and other alumni. I also love, love, love my Flamingo cookbook. We have been adding our "tried and trues" to it for over a year. It is quite a yummy collection. And I think that I have 4 Rachael Ray bookbooks! Gotta love only 30 minutes in the kitchen! Each cookbook reminds me of someone or some place we have been and holds a special place on my cluttered window sill! But what is my favorite you ask? Come on down South YA'LL and join Paula and I as we cook supper!

I love Paula Deen's yellow cookbook!!! I have notes all the way through it! Since we are going to Savannah in a few weeks, I have been on Paula overload to get in the spirit of Savannah. Here are some of my Paula favorites: Sweet Potato Bake, Chicken in Wine Sauce, Gooey Butter Cakes, Chicken Pot Pie, Farmer's Pork Chops, Beef Stroganoff, Cheeseburger Meatloaf, Chicken Paprika, Snickerdoodles... the list could go on forever!
So what is one of your obsessions?
8 comments:
You're gonna love the new PC Season's Best for this Spring/Summer! There is a great recipe in there for these Truffle Brownie Cups- super easy & super rich! I made them at a show last night & everyone loved them! You can get it starting in March :)
Have you looked at the PC "29 Minutes to Dinner Cookbook"? It's all recipes under 29 min- pretty good too!
Cookbooks are one of my obsessions also. Cooking gadgets and scrapbook supplies are tied for second. The Ultimate Southern Living cookbook (with the picture of braided bread on the front) is my favorite. I love the idea of writing when you first tried the recipe and Jason's reaction. I will have to start doing that.
and here I thought you were going to write about Dr. Suess books! :)
oh my, You know I love cookbooks, too! :) I just got rid of some that I have had since 1994. I had never used them....HA! I kept the most important ones. I have been trying to find new recipes...you have inspired me.
Love ya!
Thanks for reminding me to write in my cookbooks--I really need to do that and not be so afraid to mark them up. Some of my favorites are Ruby's with her notes and comments. Plus they make a nice keepsake--so good for you and your obsession!
If you only knew how many cookbooks I own! AND I write all over my cookbooks! When I change one around- or if the recipe is a flop-Ha! I am a total marker on all recipe books!
Savannah here we come!
YUM......It all sounds yummy but I would rather you cook it for me! HA..I know you girls are getting excited for Savannah. It'll be a great memory for the FLAMINGOS. Thanks for the sweet card and you are way past due for a visit to the 'ville.
I love cookbooks, too, Kim -- it looks like a lot of people do! I also love AllRecipes.com for the reviews, and I love the black and white HU cookbook, too. I love to cook ethnic food, so I love any cookbooks with good recipes for just about anything non-American (although I love American, too).
Post a Comment