Several ladies in blog world have chosen a word for the year. It should be something you will strive for, something to help you focus, something to enrich your life and the lives around you. There have been many great choices floating around there that I would love to steal... opportunity, joy, faith, bold, courageous...the list goes on and on. So after much deliberation, you know it is February for goodness sake, the word I have chosen for 2008 is NOW!
I want this year to be a year when I do not put off for tomorrow what I could do today... especially when it comes to sharing the Gospel and doing things for others. I want to forever lose my crown as the "Queen of Good Intentions" and follow through on those good intentions NOW. I want to memorize more scripture NOW. I want to slow down and hug my children NOW. I want to try new recipes NOW. I want to laugh until I cry NOW. I want to pick up the phone and call you if you are on my mind NOW. I want to speak up for Jesus NOW.
So there it is... my goal for the year... to be a person of action and to do good for others NOW. What is your word of the year?
(Note: I've been trying to upload Jacob's shiner and blogger is not cooperating! I'll keep trying!)
7 years ago
5 comments:
I love your word! It is so true and we should all strive for the NOW! It is a gift. Thanks for sharing...you are a blessing.
Love ya!
That's a great word! I think we should all strive for living in the NOW! I usually feel so "busy" that I put things off, and I know that God would prefer if I did most of those things NOW! :)
Wonderful word choice! I like the way you described why NOW is important. Good thoughts.
This is a great word, Kim! I especailly like it since there is never any other time... The time is always "now". We will never get to the next moment or tomorrow... there is only, "now".
Love the NOW! I think you ARE a NOW girl if I ever saw one- I think it is funny how we see ourselves! I love the ideas behind your word. I hope to encourage and support you to meet your goal of living NOW!
Post a Comment