Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy/Sad News

Today Mom and I took the boys from their 18 month check-ups. They got all of their shots at 15 months so it was a shot-free visit! Yipee! Here are the stats:
Rylan - 32 inches, 23 pounds, 4 ounces.
Jacob - 33 1/2 inches, 27 pounds, 3 ounces

Our pedi was thrilled with their language development, physical development (both are completely on the "normal" curve on the growth chart) and was go glad to hear that we have the sleep issue under better control. So that was all the happy news...

At the very end of our visit, our beloved pedi said, "I have some news for you. We are moving to Alabama this summer." My heart hit the floor! WE LOVE OUR PEDI!!! She teared up. My mind is racing, "You can't go! You've been with us since they were 6 pounds each. You are the BEST ever! You never make me feel like I'm asking a dumb mom question! My boys love you!!!!! We trust you. You give wonderful care to our boys." It was devastating news. We will miss her SO much!!!!! The other doctors in the practice are great too, we just LOVE her to pieces. She is so gentle and happy. She gives excellent advice. Ever since we left the office, I keep saying, "I'm so sad! Oh, how we will miss you Dr. L!" We are so grateful for 18 months of her wonderful care and love to Rylan and Jacob. She has been such a blessing to our family and helped us get through the tough first few months.

Have you had to adjust to a new pedi for your kids? Help this sad mama get through this big change...

8 comments:

Amy McCown said...

I am sorry that you are losing her.

The pictures of the boys destroying your den is funny. It is such a familar sight though. Boys love to destroy.

M Smith said...

I hated to hear about your pedi leaving. I'm sure you are very emotional about it right now. We will just pray that you make the right choice in choosing one of the established ones, or considering if they bring in a new one.
I know God will have something even better in store. I also know that they will just love you, Jason & the boys. Hugs& kisses.

Holly said...

I'm sorry that she is leaving, but I am sure you will connect with another one--and keep trying until you do (luckily their clinic has a large staff to choose from).

Okay, pedi was cracking me up--I kept thinking mani/pedi...

Lacie said...

NOT DOCTOR L.!!!

I was going to drive all the way back to Houston just for my boys check-ups...Well, and when they were sick- My adorable husband said NO (the nerve!).

BUT we have a wonderful Pedi now and he does not make me feel stupid or crazy for taking my children in a least three times a month x2-Ha!

You will find another- But I do feel your pain!

Whitney said...

I'm sorry to hear your pediatritian is moving. I haven't personally experienced it yet, but I'm sure you form quite a relationship with them (seeing as how often you see them with little ones.) I met with a "potential candidate" this week- I really liked him & I'm sure we'll choose him as Austin's doctor! Isn't it funny that we interview people for that?

Anonymous said...

I'm having to get used to a new practice here. We LOVED our pediatrician in Houston. H loved him so much, and he was with us through almost three years of ups and downs. We've only been to the doctor once up here, and he's fine, but we'll be trying the others in his practice to see if we can make a connection. It brings out all kinds of anxiety in me not to have a doctor I really trust right now!!!

Danna Ramsey said...

Due to insurance changes, each of our girls had a different pediatrician during their first year. It's a huge pain to start over with someone new, but where we are now has been the most wonderful of all. God will provide! :-)

Whitney said...

Hmmm, where in Alabama??? Justin and I are thinking of having kids soon, and if she's THAT great, it's worth getting her info!!! :-)

On a different note, hey Kim! Been a bad blogger lately and haven't even read my usuals, so I'm catching up tonight!