Monday, January 7, 2008

As Slow as Molasses

If you were a fly on the wall at our house this Sunday morning, this is what you would have witnessed...

8:12am - Kim pushes the snooze for the millionth time in an hour, lifts her head and realizes that they have to leave for church in 33 minutes. She throws back the covers, shakes Jason to get up and heads for the shower saying, "Go wake up the boys and start breakfast. I'll finish dressing them when you get cleaned up."

8:13-8:34 am Kim takes a shower, washes and dries her hair, gets on church clothes, paints her face with make-up and quickly makes the bed.
Jason has gotten both of the boys into the high chairs and is STILL making two little, tiny bowls of oatmeal.

8:35 - 8:52 am Kim feeds both boys, changes both boys into churchclothes (button-up shirt, vest and pants) AND shoes, loads both boys into thier car seats, loads 3 bags into the car, grabs a granola bar and water for Jason and Kim.

8:53 am Kim yells, "I've got the boys loaded. Hurry! I've got to teach class this morning!!!!" Jason responds," I'm still putting on my shoes."

8:56am We speed out of the driveway and speed down Main Street to church looking everywhere for the dreaded cop - who thankfully we never saw.

9:05 am Only 5 minutes late to class and my precious co-teacher has the students playing our memory verse games.

Now here is my question - Why do people say that women take forever to get ready when clearly men are the ones who are as slow as molasses?!?!?!

Love you sweetheart! :)

9 comments:

Heather's House said...

Can I hear an AMEN? We love our husbands but we ARE faster than them...LOL!

Amy McCown said...

We are definetly fast and better multi-taskers.

I also love how you took the time to make the bed while you were running that late to church. ;-)

Whitney said...

Agreed! Shane takes JUST as long as I do to get ready! He takes longer to get out of bed, he takes longer showers, he spends as much time in front of the mirror as me, etc- and he doesn't do ANYTHING beside get ready. Granted we don't have kids, but I'm still busy doing other things while I'm getting ready. BOYS....

maria said...

I cracked up at your post. Sometimes I feel like I'm moving like lightning and doing twenty different things at once while Jason is still combing his hair (okay, that may be an exaggeration, but it does feel like that at times!)

Lacie said...

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto---However, I have to give Kudos to my adorable husband. On Sunday mornings he does most everything with the boys-I just load the diaper bag. Thanks Babe! (BUT--I could get it all done much faster-Ha!)

Holly said...

This was so funny Kim! Thanks for the play by play.

Hey, molasses IS sweet even though it's a tad slow. :)

Jody said...

ALL I COULD DO WAS LAUGH! So true! So true! Sometimes I wonder how it is that my limbs don't fall off from carry two babies at one time, their bottles, a diaper bag draped over me, and so on! IT'S JUST PLAIN CRAZY! Thank you for posting this! Why would I need to train for a triatholon when I train for EVERYDAY!!
Janell

Jody said...

Obviously I was multi-tasking when I typed the above post..... typos. Sorry.I hate typos.

Robyn said...

Love this story! Thanks for the laugh!