Saturday, December 1, 2007

They're eating what?!?!?!

TOMATOES!!! As my sweet friends know, Jason and I would not touch a tomato with a ten foot pole, but at the encouragement from a few birds, we gave the boys tomatoes. And they loved them!!! I guess Jason and I will have to become adults and eat the tomatoes along with our sweet boys.
Rylan was lounging as he enjoyed them and Jacob was grabbing for more off my salad. The days of saying "hold the tomatoes" are gone!

Disclaimer: We have never said that tomatoes are yucky in front of the boys. And we intend to give them other things that we think are yucky so that they will not be scarred and try lots of good things.

What things do your kids eat that you don't like?

7 comments:

jan a. said...

Kim, they are so cute! I think those tomatoes are turning his eyes red, though! Seriously, I'm really enjoying seeing their pics while I'm blog-stalking! Jan Aduddell

Heather's House said...

Tomatoes! YUCK! But, I'm glad they like them...you know...they are healthy and all. Maybe you and I need to just try them once. We can do it together. HA!

Love ya!

Lacie said...

Good for You!!!! I am glad you are letting the boys love their tomatoes!!!!! Eat up boys!!!

Holly said...

Annelise is thrilled to have company in the tomato patch!

Amy McCown said...

The boys are such good eaters. What is your secret? When I gave Layton a tomato he pursed his lips, started blinking his eyes, then spit it out. Quite funny.

Whitney said...

Tomatoes- yum! Shane actually dislikes tomatoes too, so it will be interesting to find out what our little one likes/dislikes!

M Smith said...

Kim,
I am so glad that the boys will try & that they like different vegetables. Hopefully they will be much better (healthier) eaters than their Dad was when he was little! Keep up the good work!
(By the way I love tomatoes!!)