The boys and I had a very fun day together. It began by running some errands, one of which was
Wal-mart. I am that crazy mom who talks to her kids the whole time and points out things of interest on every aisle. As we were in the produce area I let them touch almost everything we were buying -
avocados, bananas, tangerines and celery. They were especially
intrigued by the celery and the leafy part at the end of the stalk.
So tonight before I chopped the celery with my most favorite Pampered Chef tool - the
Food Chopper - I let the boys play with a stalk of celery.
They felt so empowered and like such big boys! Their eyes lit up and they touched every centimeter of their stalk. They of course licked it too. After re-washing it, I chopped it.
They squealed in delight as I pounded the Food
Chopper. I can't wait until they are strong
enough to use the Chopper - they will love it!

And yes, they still love the Jumper-Roo and Exosaucer! They sit in them almost every time a meal needs preparing.
Then after supper the boys were running around the den.
Their new game is to find the remote or phone, steal it and run away. They totally know they are not
supposed to and have quite guilty faces. I tried to capture
the guilt before the run in the photos below.


And one more thing, they are both waving like crazy - hello, good-bye, etc. We were in the front yard today and the school bus drove down the street.
Jacob squealed and waved like a mad man at the bus. It was really cute.
Thanks for sharing in our normal day.
With all the holiday madness, it was nice to have a day where celery
and remotes were the
highlights!
7 comments:
those were the days! you are a good mama/teacher, letting them explore their celery! :)
Perfect- another use of the food chopper to talk about at my Pampered Chef parties.... entertainment for children (to watch, not use... YET)! You're great about letting then try new things!
Love the pics of the boys with the celery and remotes. Isn't it funny that no matter how many toys our kids have, they always end up playing with the simple things? They're just precious...
I'm one of those mom that talks the entire way through wal-mart too -- and Madeleine knew all her fruits & colors by the time she turned 2 from all our grocery trips! Ha! So, I guess we're not crazy after all! :)
Kim - the boys are so cute and so much bigger since I saw them in August for my mom's birthday!
Kim,
It is so precious that you are teaching them about vegetables already. I wold have never guessed they would enjoy celery so much. How cute!
They both totally look guilty with the remote.
Give a kiss to our darling little sweethearts!Love you.
We love checking out the fruits and vegetables in the markets! I'm sure everyone loves my toddler picking up all of the produce, but we have a blast! There's a market close to our house that we go to sometimes JUST to look at the different fruits and veggies...having kids reminds you to appreciate the wonders of the little things in life!
Post a Comment