Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! We had a lovely holiday celebrating with our family. J and R started the day by appeasing their mommy and posing on the porch bench with the same turkey from last year. They both love to clap... and see how many adults they can get to clap with them!We had a non-traditional lunch. There was Honey-Baked Ham, Aunt Iva's Sweet Potatoes, Grandmama's potato casserole, squash casserole, green beans, fruit salad with Great-Grandma Effie's dressing, cranberry sauce (both kinds), rolls and pumpkin pie. Mom made the sweet potatoes (as usual) and she worried about having too much water (as usual) and they were TERRIFIC (as usual)! The boys also ate their first TG feast. They did not care too much for the potato casserole or the ham... who knew?!?!
It was the first holiday that both sides of our family shared the table. It was absolutely wonderful to sit together, laugh, reflect on the things we are thankful for and then watch hours and hours of football! Jason and his folks were are all grins.
And here are my grandparents and parents. I am a "dish person" so this was the perfect excuse to use our good china. Once again, I have made the resolution to use our china and not save it for special occasions only.
After lunch we all wrote down the things we are thankful for. I hope that it will become an annual tradition. Do you have any special TG traditions?

7 comments:

Holly said...

I'm soooo glad y'all had such a nice Thanksgiving! I love seeing your WHOLE family around the table--how wonderful!!
I've heard, but not done yet, taking a plain white sheet to use as a tablecloth. Everyone, well especially the kids, stamps their handprint and then you write what people are thankful for, then you add to it every Thanksgiving. Sounds neat, I think.

Whitney said...

Great picture of the boys! I'm glad yall had a wonderful Thanksgiving! No TG traditions for us yet, but I'm hoping to start some once our little one arrives!

Anonymous said...

I can't remember if I ever commented on your blog though I have e-mailed you about twin stuff before. The blog is too cute!! The boys are adorable!

silken said...

they look so grown up in that photo!

cute, cute!

silken said...

oh yes, we use our china occasionally as well. why let it sit in the cabinet??? THESE are the special occasions!!

Heather's House said...

Love the pics!! I'm so glad you all had a fun and relaxing Thanksgiving. Oh, and your dishes looke beautiful!

I like Holly's idea of the handprint on the tablecloth. I wish would have thought of that when my kids were really little. Oh, well!

Love ya!

BriteCloud said...

So cute! The boys look so happy and big. Glad to see your family gathered together.