That was last year! Rylan and Jacob celebrated their first Thanksgiving in style with adorable turkey outfits. That is a Beanie Baby turkey next to them. They were SO tiny!!! Still less than 10 pounds each. You may notice the wires... those are for the apnea monitors. I cannot believe how much they have grown in a year.
Last Thanksgiving was their first road trip... 45 whole minutes to my grandparents house. Granny had a delicious spread, on her pumpkin pie dishes (another blog for another day) and we had a wonderful afternoon eating, laughing,watching the boys lay there peacefully and watching football.
This year is going to be a little different. We are going to be at our house hosting the big event! My parents, my grandparents, and Jason's parents will all join hands together to thank our loving Father for another year. Mom and I will do the cooking since Granny cannot stand very well yet. And the boys will not lay still for a minute this year! But, like last year, there will surely be football and laughter.
As I think about all there is to be thankful for, my mind races. First and foremost, I am thankful for God's Word, His love and forgiveness. Also His loving hand of protection and care. I am very, very thankful for a Christian husband who loves God more than he loves me. A husband who loves our family with all his heart and takes wonderful care of our family. As I look at Rylan and Jacob, I am so thankful for their growth and development. They are quite normal 15 month old boys thanks to God answering many prayers. I am thankful for my parents who raised me to know God and seek Him. Who taught me to be a servant and help others with kindness in my heart. I am also thakful for my in-laws who raised such a wonderful son. I am thankful for an abundance of material things that pale in comparison to heavenly treasures. And I am extremely thankful for you... my dear sweet friends who have supported me through trials and joys.
On this Thanksgiving, I hope that everyone will reflect on what they are truly thankful for and give thanks to God above for his indescribable gifts.
No comments:
Post a Comment