Sunday, November 11, 2007

Friday Night Lights

Fall Friday nights in the great state of Texas can mean only one thing...FOOTBALL!!! We ventured out this Friday to our town's last home game of the season. First we met some church friends at a local BBQ joint for some delicious brisket and then we were off! My dad was the principal at the high school for 20 years before retiring last spring and I graduated from it too, so we had lots of heartstrings being pulled at the game. The boys even had Wildcat polos to wear that looked adorable, if I do say so myself!
The boys did GREAT! They mostly sat in our laps and watched the action. They would clap as we say "Yeah Wildcats" and even clapped for good defensive plays. They also jumped as the crowd went wild when we scored.

We sat near the top and saw several friends... many from my teaching days, former students and co-workers. We also saw some old high school friends.

Halftime was our cue to head home to get the boys ready for bed, but not before watching the bands play and the dancers dance. It was quite a show!!!

I don't know if the boys will play football, but they sure enjoyed the game. Since my dad coached football for many years and Jason played through college and their uncle (Jason's brother) played Division 1 in college, they are probably destined to roll around on the turf. But for now, I savored holding them in my lap and watching them clap their tiny hands as our team went on to victory!

7 comments:

Amy McCown said...

They are looking more like little boys every time you post. You will start having to teach them how to say touchdown while they throw up there hands. Very cute.

Whitney said...

Looks like fun! Shane & I love football too- so we'll definitely be training our little one to love the game as well! Start 'em young- especially in Texas!

Heather's House said...

How fun~that was the last game? Oh, snap...we missed it this year. Love the pics. The boys looked so cute in their creek shirts!

Hope you are having a great day.

Love ya!

Holly said...

Go Creek!! Roar!!

Such cute pics--of everyone! Glad you had a good time. It must be so nice for your dad just to be able to enjoy the game and not wear his principal hat.

Matt and Rachel said...

I can't believe I found your blog! Your little boys are just adorable!!

maria said...

The boys look so adorable in their Wildcat polos! I know y'all enjoyed taking them to the game and 'introducing' them to all you old co-workers and friends. Just think--one day you'll be in the stands watching their game and cheering them on.

BriteCloud said...

I wish your Dad had been the principal when I went to school at Creek. (Class of '80) Those boys are so cute! I see a football future for them and you!