Thursday, August 30, 2007

Opportunities

Last night when Jason was saying our bedtime prayer, he said, "Thank you for the opportunity to go to worship services tonight." A simple sentence, but it really got me thinking. Opportunity... opportunity.
How many opportunities do we have each day to glorify God and how many do we do? It is so easy to let an opportunity slip through your fingers and then look back and wish you had done it. I have often said that I am the "Queen of Good Intentions." I think of something nice to do, but get too busy doing other stuff ( usually not that important) and don't follow through. I want to lose my crown of "good intentions" and get a new one of "do-er."
Next week our Ladies Bible Class is starting. That is an opportunity to learn, grown and fellowship with older and younger Christian women. Will I take advantage of that opportunity or come up with another lame excuse? The laundry can wait, I can roll out of bed and get fixed up, the toys can stay in a pile, the errands can be done in the afternoon. I will be there. What a wonderful opportunity to sit at the feet of fabulous Christian ladies who have experienced so much in life. I can learn so many lessons from being a part of this class.

What opportunities have you let slip by and what opportunities will you seize? Please come join us in Ladies Class. Take advantage of this opportunity with me.

4 comments:

BriteCloud said...

Oh, I do want to come to LBC this year. Thanks for the encouragement!

Rhonda

Mamaof3 said...

Kim -

First of all, I don't think anyone can ever say you have a crown of "good intentions." You had two babies..AT THE SAME TIME...just ONE year ago..and you are always doing for others and involved. You don't give yourself enough credit. You're an awesome "do-er" and an encouragement to everyone around you.

Holly said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm going to give it another whirl--and hopefully keep a better attitude. I got my book today from Sheri and am looking forward to starting. I know you have always wanted to be able to go to LBC, which is a wonderful wish btw, so I'm happy that you can this year.

Daesha said...

Thanks for being so honest! I think at times we all are "Queens of Good Intentions." I can't wait to join you at LBC. Someday. . .