Friday, August 17, 2007

Finally!

Hello Blogging World!

I know you have been so anxious with anticipation to hear the stories from our little home that is doubly blessed! My sweet husband and I have been married for 7 years and have 11 month old twin boys. Our life has been richly blessed this past year - hence the title of my blog.

Several of my dear friends have blogs that I enjoy reading so much. They have been giving me some positive peer pressure to start one - so here it is!

Jacob and Rylan will turn one year old next week! It is so hard to believe that one year has passed. For those of you who do not know, they were born at 31 weeks and spent 50 days in the NICU. Overall it was a wonderful experience. The neonatologists and nurses were fantastic and took excellent care of our two precious boys. Looking back I can't believe we did it. Seeing IV's in thier arms, legs and heads, ventalators, taking blood pressures, hearing alarms all the time, not being able to hold them for two weeks, pumping around the clock... but it was WORTH IT!!!!!

We fully believe that our Lord was watching over Jacob and Rylan every step of the way and also carrying Jason and I as we struggled to see our babies that tiny. It was so hard, but God never left us. In fact, he provided us with supportive nurses, an indescribable church family, priceless friends and family.

I better go get dinner finished. Then tonight I will learn how to add photos and other fun stuff to make this blog more interesting! Hee-hee!

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

Amy McCown said...

I am so excited that you started a blog. It is so much easier to keep in touch with people. I love the pictures of the boys. They are getting so big. Layton just turned one and it seems like it has flown by.
Amy McCown

Melissa Halford said...

I can't believe they are already one! Has this year flown by or what??? I can't wait to hear what all they are doing now and for us to be able to keep up with each other better. Let us hear about the first birthday party...I need some ideas!

silken said...

welcome to blog land! love the picture!

Holly said...

Welcome to Blogville!! It's a great place to be.

Cute, cute pic of the little guys!

Cassie said...

Oh my goodness, Kim!! I can NOT believe how big your boys are. A year already??? Say it ain't so. I just can't believe it.

Welcome to the blogosphere. Even I don't have one of these new-fangled thangs!

Before you know it you'll be making digital scrapbook pages of these two adorable tots.

Thanks for keeping me in the loop!

maria said...

Kim--

I'm so glad to see you have a blog now! Now I can visit your blog and see how things are with you and the boys! What a cute pic! They are getting so big! Treasure the time with them now, it goes so quick!

silken said...

KK says she LOVES the pict of the boys!! :)

Rachel Evans said...

I'm so glad you've started a blog! I can't wait to read more about your little family of 4 and to watch the boys grow up through pictures! They are just precious!