Sunday, August 26, 2007

Birthday Fun







We had a fun time celebrating the boys first birthday on Wednesday. Sorry it has taken me so long to write about it... I'm still in photo trauma! Hopefully it will work today, if not then you will just have to get a mental picture for a few more days!






On Wednesday we took our monthly birthday bear photos. Every month on their birthday I have taken their photo with the same bear. It is really neat to look at them all lined up through this past year and see how they have grown compared to the bear! I am working on their birthday scrapbook... only 2 more months til I'm done! yeah!






Then after lunch we ate cake and opened a few gifts. GPop and Granna (my parents) came over and so did Kara. Kara and I have been friends forever... no really our mom's were pregnant with us together! We celebrated birthdays, sang in the choir together, she was my matron of honor... we really have a wonderful history of friendship. SO back to the party...






The cake was a carrot cake (to be a little healthy) with cream cheese icing. After blowing out the candles we let R and J touch the icing. Jacob was raking his fingers through it and loved to lick them. Rylan was not too sure about icing. He did not even lick it off my finger!






I cut the cake. J lunged forward and grabbed his plate off the table and proceeded to pick up the whole piece and cake and try to stuff it in his wide open mouth. R once again was not too sure. Daddy had to give him some bits with a fork. I think he only ate about 4 bites and then started crying! Poor baby! I'm sure some day he will not believe that sweets were not his thing.






Then we opened gifts and played with their new toys for a bit before crashing for an afternoon nap. On the way to church we stopped at the park and took some photos of the boys together and then some family shots. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to get them on here to show you.






THey both LOVED Bible class. J's favorite part is patting his Bible and R loves the ducks.






Even though they shared a womb for 7 months they are totally different people. We love to celebrate their differences and their similarities. But all of those loves can wait for another day.






Thank you for all of your well wishes for their big day! Most of all, thank you for your love, support and prayers this past year. We are immeasurably blessed to have such wonderful Christian friends!



8 comments:

Jody said...

How awesome!!!
WOW... can you believe it has been a year??? A and A are almost 5 months and it is flying by!!
Hugs,
Janell

Heather's House said...

Very cute pics! I can't believe they are 1~ they are precious to me! Glad you had a good party! :)

Love ya!

Lacie said...

I'm glad you had as much fun as the boys! I really think the first birthday is much more fun for us!

Whatever, you are already almost done with thier first year scrapbook! Do you sleep!

Kim said...

Let me ckarify about the scrapbook... it is 2 pics per month. It is only 12 pages!!! But I am very proud of the 12 pages. As for their first year boook... zero pages done, zillions of photos waiting! :)

Megan said...

Your boys are adorable. I think it takes a very special mother to raise twins. They are lucky to have you. They are precious! I taught for a few years also and it is so nice to be able to stay at home and have this time with my boys. I'm trying to enjoy every moment even the crazy ones!

Holly said...

I can't believe a year has passed!! Goodness, where has it gone?

So funny to hear about their first cake experience--great pictures too! It's also so fun hear about their distinct personalities.

Lacie said...

Ok...OK! I feel MUCH better!

Hey, 12 pages is something to be VERY proud of!!!!

LOL!

Robyn said...

Wow... I can't believe they're a year already! I loved reading about their day of celebration. You're such a wonderful mommy and they are lucky to have you and Jason! I'm filled with joy when I think about the journey God has led you and your family through. You are an encouragement to me always! Love ya!