Saturday, February 9, 2013

Teaching again!

Back in November the principal from my old school called to see if I would be interested in doing reading intervention with first graders for 12 weeks.  I would be doing the Leveled Literacy program and work with 16 kids.  It was only 4 days a week for half a day.  It took Jason and I about 5 minutes to decide yes!  Now we could pay for our upcoming Disney trip! The Lord provided once again...

So the week after Thanksgiving, I became a teacher again!  I had/have very mixed feelings about it all.  I am in my old classroom, which is awesome and weird all in the same breath!  It is HOME, but it is not the same.  Not that that is a bad thing... just different.  It was wonderful to be back home at my old school and see familiar friendly faces.  It warmed my heart to the fullest to be welcomed back.
 I have really enjoyed working with the small groups.  It is very fulfilling to teach kids to read.  I like still having an hour or two a days to run errands or do housework while the boys are at school.  And I got some new clothes too!

They say you can't go home again, but I've come awfully close!

No comments: