Thursday, April 26, 2012

First Reading!!!

A few weeks ago I put the new Eric Carle book, The Man Who Painted the Blue Horse, on hold at the library.  I got an email saying it was waiting, so we trotted up there and got it... along with a bag full of other books.  I had not read the book before and it was the first pick to read out loud when we got home.  It is very easy... supportive text... predictable... and readable by my boys!!! YIPEE!  We've read our first real book!!!
 Rylan was not wanting to "show off" to Jason when he got home from work, so there are not photos of him.  Boo hiss!
 Jacob was ready and willing to read really loud and even tracked each word! His favorite animal was the polka-dot donkey!
 And Rylan was convince that Mr. Carle made the green lion especially for him... fave animal, fave color.
We still have a lot of learning to do, but we've made a milestone! Way to go Boys!!!

2 comments:

Charlton said...

good job Rylan and Jacob! I can't believe they'll be in Kindergarten next year?!

M Smith said...

That is wonderful! They are so ready for Kindergarten.