Monday, April 30, 2012

Egg Dying 2012

We love all holidays around this house.  Jacob particularily is ready to decorate and get to having some holiday fun.  Since Granny's extreme illness and funeral was the two weeks before Easter, we did no decorate or really do anything to celebrate or prepare other than our morning Bible Studies.  I found a neat countdown to Easter Bible reading schedule, so we started that 40 days before Easter.  It was really the whole point of Easter anyway, so I don't feel bad that the only secular thing we did was dye eggs.

 Rylan was very intent on making his eggs dark green.  They pretty much stayed pale green, but he was OK with it.
 Jacob was the orange egg man.  He liked to use the spoon and swich the egg around in the dye.
 Jason loves to help decorate eggs!  He did 3 or 4 himself!  He tried to write on them with the clear crayon, but it was a really cheap set and the crayon was useless.  But those smiles.. they warm my heart!

 Rylan tried to mix the colors too.  He would start an egg in yellow, then go to green.  It did not work exactly like he planned, but it was still fun!



 And what is an egg dying event without colored fingers?!?!?



2 comments:

Charlton said...

I used to love dying eggs when I was little. I'm looking forward to Mackenzie being a little older and being able to dye the eggs on her own!

M Smith said...

Looked you all had a great time. Kim the smiles warm my heart too! :-)