Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our new favorite...

The boys have discovered play-doh! As a child, this was one of my most favorite toys! I had the beauty shop and you would push the play-doh through the tiny holes in the molds head to make hair. Then you cut it with special PD scissors. I was overjoyed when the boys started squishing the stuff a few months back. The teacher in me loves all the fine motor skill development that comes from playing with PD. The mom in my loves all the fun!

For their birthday, they got several PD sets. This was the debut of the BBQ grill set. HUGE hit!!! They made burgers, hot dogs, lettuce, kabobs and more. Rylan was THRILLED because it came with TWO containers of brown! (Yes, my child's favorite color is brown...I think it is because he loves chocolate!) Jacob grabbed the PD scissors and did not stop cutting for a long time. Then he moved on to the PD knife. This boys loved cutting the PD!

Jacob also enjoyed the rroller. We've used one when making pie crusts, but not with PD. This was a HUGE plus for him! Look at that concentration!
It also came with a garlic-press-like thingy. This was Rylan's favorite accessory! He called it the cheese maker! It really did look like shredded cheese.
Thank you friends who gave Rylan and Jacob PD. It has been a BIG HIT at our house!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Annelise's favorite thing was (is?) that garlic press thingie too--she pretended she was making hair.

Glad they are loving their Play-doh--I still love it too. :)

Lynn said...

I hate to say it but I think I probably ate playdoh. I loved how it smelled. It's weird, I know. But, consider the source. LOL. I can't believe how big those precious boys are getting.

Heather's House said...

I'm glad they are having fun with all the play-doh! I love play-doh...when my kids at MDO play with it I always have to help! haha