Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Slightly Famous


Several months ago, the HU Women's Association asked for recipes for their new cookbook. I submitted our three family favorites. Then a few weeks ago we got the Alumni Magazine and what should we find? My chicken recipe was the featured main dish! I feel a little famous!!! :)

Honey Pecan Chicken

Preheat oven to 425. Spray baking sheet with Pam. Finely chop pecans. Mix pecans and corn flakes in a shallow dish. Mix honey and soy sauce in another shallow dish. Dip both sides of the chicken in the honey mixture then coat with the pecan mixture. Arrange on baking sheet in a single layer. Spray tops of chicken with Pam. Bake 7 minutes. Flip chicken. Bake another 7 minutes. Enjoy!


Have you ever had a time you were slightly famous?

7 comments:

silken said...

sounds great! will have to try it.

I once had a "tip" published in a parenting magazine! my neice's mom even saw it, so I felt "famous"!! :)

Heather's House said...

WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS!?? HAHA! It is quite tasty...you should have your own cooking show! HA

Whitney said...

I saw it too & was so impressed! Looks like a great recipe- can't wait to try it! Can I get your autograph? :)

Anonymous said...

I felt like you were famous too when I saw it!:) I'm going to try your recipe for sure, it sounds delicious. Hmmmm, famous moments? Oh yeah, you could see me in the corner one time on the Today Show over Al Roker's shoulder for about 2 seconds. Woohoo!

Holly said...

I have to try honey pecan chicken--it sounds too tasty to miss!

Congrats on being published.

abc said...

Kim- I noticed your name immediately! I was so excited for you and have been meaning to message you a congrats on fb. The recipe sounds great! Do you know the WW points for it?

Kim said...

I saw this!!! I was so excited.!