My sweet little Jacob... he's got some spunk! Ever since we took away the pacis, he has really been pushing his limits with all sleep times. The first week was smooth, then week two came and it has been a downhill slope. Anyway, last night after they had been in bed for about 45 minutes, I was about to go in there and tell them to be quiet when this is what I hear...
J - "Now it's time for the Lord's Supper. We will eat it because Jesus died. He was on the cross and everyone was sad. Weeeellll, not everyone. Some mean people were not sad. But God was sad."
R - "The first is the cracker. It is Jesus body."
J - "No Rylan, I am leading it. I am on stage."
R - "I want the cracker."
J - "The cracker is Jesus body. You eat it if you are baptized. You get baptized when you are older."
R - "I want to be older because I want the cracker."
J - "Now we will pray. Dear God thank you for crakers."
R - "Now I will lead. It is now juice. It is in little cups. I cannot drink it yet."
J - "No it is still my turn!!! The juice is about his blood. Now drink it."
R - "No you forgot to pray. I will do it. Dear GOd, Thank you for juice... and Jesus on the cross."
J - "I will say Amen! Amen!
R - "Now it is money for Jesus."
J - "We do not have a tray. I will give money."
Enter mommy - "Boys, I'm so glad you were listening this morning at church, but it is bedtime. Good night."
I sure do love those boys...even 45 minutes after bedtime!
7 years ago
6 comments:
Kim, that is HILARIOUS! You have two very bright and creative boys!!
Oh my word!! How great that you remembered everything they said!!
This will certanly be a great story to pull out in the future.
What very smart boys you have...
Love those sweet boys! I am so glad you posted that sweet story...it makes me smile! :)
amazing!! keep up the good work mommy! even 45 minutes after bedtime! :)
That's so sweet! It's amazing how much those little minds can soak up, huh?
It reminds me of the Biblical command, "teach your children when you lay down and when you get up, when you walk along the road and when you sit down..." I've sat in front of you at church, and I know you and J have been putting Biblical principles in their heads from day one. Way to go mommy! Keep it up!
Post a Comment