Last weekend was the Ladies Retreat at church. The theme was "Spotting the Ladies - Becoming a Godly Lady." An
elder's wife from our congregation was the speaker and she did an outstanding job. We went ladybug crazy and I will never see a ladybug again without reminding myself to be a Godly lady.
This is Lucy Ladybug. During each lesson Kim (the speaker) added a spot with the lesson topic on it to Lucy. I think my favorite lesson was "Talk Like a Lady." My big mouth often gets me into trouble and her lesson was very practical and thought provoking. All of the lessons got my mind rolling and were very inspiring.
The weekend was also a time to have wonderful Christian fellowship. My dear friend, Lacie, came down and we had
the best time chatting. Holly, Heather, Lacie and I stayed up until 4 am the first night and midnight the second night. We talked about concordances, sweet families, future plans, the lessons and we giggles until we cried! On Saturday, Robyn got to come up and it was a special treat to spend time with her. Since
Kaci was born, Robyn has been one busy mama! Below are Holly, Lacie, Robyn, Kim and Heather. These girls are my rock! :)

Two other dear friends - Tamara and
Daesha. Poor
Daesha got her arm twisted in to planning the craft...that's what happens when the planner is one of your closest friends! The adorable little pots turned into ladybug
wind chimes. It was a fun craft!
These two ladies are such blessings to me!

The two crazy ladies behind all the red and black spots! Marla and I had such a fun time planning, shopping, praying and getting ready for this retreat. This was our second year as a team and it was much smoother than last year. She is another blessing to me!

One of my favorite things we did...playing Catch Phrase for about 2 hours Saturday night!

Another favorite part was the cross-
generational groups. We were divided into groups by age and given discussion questions based on each lesson. It was so
wonderful to be in
the middle - younger than some and older than others. It was also a great way to live Titus 2:3 - "
Let the older women teach the younger women..."
1 comment:
You girls are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I can't wait til you are here! We did a retreat theme like that (age related seasons) several years ago and I was glad I wasn't the oldest group! Hope you guys are doing great.
Post a Comment