Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sunny Days...

What can make even the most cloudy day sunny? Why, a trip to Sesame Street, of course! This Friday we ventured to the Big City and saw Sesame Street Live! It was soooooooo exciting! I think the adults were as excited as Rylan and Jacob. Before the show started we got a few cute family photos. Granna and GPop with Rylan and Jacob. And we could not resist an SPT! Kim, Rylan, Jason and Jacob
Big Bird announced that the show would start in 3 minutes and from that point on the boys were in a trance! Jacob had his head down on Jason's lap and when he heard Big Bird, he sat straight up! It was funny. The fog started (which reminded me of Pop Show in high school choir) and the lights turned on...then the real fun began!
When I was pregnant we went to see Lion King the Musical and I totally cried at the opening number and the finale - tears streaming. At SSL, I got a little welled up too! It was so exciting to see the boys so excited. The lights and music reminded me so much of Spring Sing at HU - which was one of my favorite things about college. I know it's silly, but I did get a little emotional.
My sweet Jacob glued to the stage. He has an obsession with the stage at church and this was a whole new dimension to being "on stage." We may have a preacher or performer in the making!
The opening number! Can you feel the excitement? Can you hear the squeals? Can you hear the money changing hands from all the merchandise? hahaha
My sweet Rylan - equally glued to the stage. He sat on my lap almost the whole show. His arm grabbed my forearm for the whole first act.
More of Jacob...
The guys watching the opening number of Act 2. I love the wonder in all 4 faces! :)
This was during the finale. Rylan was dancing!!!!
Our dear friends from Sesame Street. They sang and danced very well and we LOVED the show!
Our family after the hour and a half of fun! And we only bought 2 shirts...not bad for a sucker like me! :)

2 comments:

rlbaker said...

looks like the whole family had a wonderful time. i think cookie monster was always my favorite. hugs, rachel

Kim said...

This looks like tons of fun!