Friday, January 23, 2009

Joy in a Small Box

Who knew that this dollar store treat could cause such joy and hours of fun for two year olds???
Each of my sweet boys had thier own method for drawing with sidewalk chalk. Rylan would sit and color in the same spot for a long time with several different colors. He said."I draw force (horse)." or "I draw Elmo." or "Mommy draw a cow." or "Mommy draw my name." (Which I of course wrote with only one capital letter!!!)
Jacob on the other hand wanted to make a mark on each piece of rock, paving square or concrete area in the whole yard! I cannot believe he sat long enough for me to snap this photo!

And the finished masterpeices!
I think we have a Michaelangelo or Van Gogh on our hands! :)
Hope you have some fun with sidewalk chalk soon too!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Sidewalk chalk is the BEST! Glad y'all had some good cheap fun.

Kim said...

Love all the updates and pics of you guys.
Great cowboy hat, Kim!