This past week was full of parties!
Tis the season for lots of fun!!! Last night when we got out of church we were thrilled to see WHITE falling from the sky!!! I know for many of you dear friends, snow is a normal thing for winter, but here in coastal Texas, it is NOT the norm! In fact, in my 32 years living here, I have seen snow 2 other times. So needless to say, Jason and I were freaking out about the snow!!!
This is Mom and Dad's tree out in front of their house. I love how the snow is on the branches and on the monkey grass.

The front of our house. We are still not living there, but had to drive over for a photo. It may never happen again!
hahaha!!! This was also exciting because the snow masked the lovely blue tarp otherwise known as our roof.

OK - aren't the flakes big?!?!? For this Texan they seemed HUGE! This is my parents backyard. They had a storage shed (the barn) and my old playhouse built by Dad and
Popa about 30 years ago. I kept thinking that if walls could talk these walls would be really confused as to what was on them.
hahaha
Granna and
GPop out front by the '
Stang... Mom's high school graduation present... covered in snow! Notice Jacob's cheesy smile - it is his new thing.
Rylan LOVED the snow. Just like the pool, he dove right in. He ran from plant to plant touching the snow, licking it and squealing. Jacob was also just like at the pool, not too sure! He did not want to touch
to at first, but finally did after all the squealing from
Rylan and the adults. And yes, our pitiful kids don't even have gloves! Those are socks on their hands!

Jacob and Mommy
Rylan and Jacob in the backyard.
Rylan and Jason. I don't knew who liked it more!!!

Now to another party...this one was a little more formal. Every year since 1996, the young couples at church have hosted a Holiday luncheon for the 60+
ers. This year we served soup, salad and
trifles. The men serve the tables, like waiters and the ladies slave away in the kitchen. This is our family at the photo booth. Poor Jason was at home sick, coughing up his lungs, etc.

Rachel , Amy and I had a blast planning the event!

Here is a glimpse into the kitchen.

And a glimpse into the Fellowship Hall. This is at the end of eating and just before BINGO. To end the luncheon, the kids came in and sang a few songs. It was precious!

And the last party of the weekend was the annual Pink Christmas! 6 years ago a little circle of friends started studying the Bible together. We have done about a dozen study books and over the years have grown quite close. What all began as a desire to learn more about God has blossomed into many hours of prayers, laughter, trips, and friendship.
This year, it was my turn to host! I had been so excited and been thinking about it for months. Then Ike hit and then there was no work done on our house... but I still hosted it and it was fabulous. The people, the talking, the praying, the laughter and the tears are what matters, not the decorations! There was a kitchen theme and sweet, talented Holly made us these adorable aprons! Aren't they the cutest?!??!!?

And of course, we had to pose in front of the pink
Christmas tree!
Thank you Auntie M for helping with the tree! :) Thank you Robyn, Holly, Maria, Heather and Lacie for a wonderful LATE night! You are all a blessing to me!!!

I look forward to hearing about your December parties... and we have a few more too!
5 comments:
I read online that Houston got snow. What a fun night for you all. I was telling my girlfriends from church about your Flamingo friends at our "Reindeer Bash." Girl friends are the best. Love the pink Christmas tree.
I will never wear that brown jacket again...what was I thinking! yuck! Anyway, your pics are wonderful and the ones of the boys in the snow are great! We had fun in the snow too. the kids faces were priceless. They kept sayin they want it to snow again tomorrow! :)
You girls are so stinking cute. I am so blessed that I know you and especially that you are do dear to my Heather. God has put a calling and a blessing on you girls, you know? Give those sweet little boys a hug. I love you!
I can't believe I missed the Houston snow! That must have been an amazing sight!
I love those aprons, how cute are they?!
Y'all sure had fun in the snow! I can't believe we actually had white stuff falling.
PC was PERFECT!
Post a Comment