We are back home! Sort of... we are staying at my parents for a few days until we get our house settled. So still no photos! SORRY! :)
We got back on Saturday night. Sunday after church several guys from church came over and tore down two walls of our bedroom and about half of the ceiling, bundled the 2 downed fences and tarped the roof. And when I say, tore down, I mean that you can see the stud walls. Thank you Jeremy, Daesha, Jacob, Charisa, Jay, Jayson, Pat and Troy! We are SO incredibly thankful to our friends! Jeremy and Daesha practically worked their little fingers off bundling limbs at all three houses. Pat came back yesterday and finished patching our roof.
So now we are just waiting on the smell to go away and the rest of our stuff to get settled into a new spot and then we can move back into our house. Hopefully within a week... we'll see.
The few weeks weeks look different for us...Ladies Class is on a break for a few weeks. Sunday School is on abreak because the carpet in the classrooms is wet. Jason is handling claims like a mad man. We will not get to see as much of him as normal...but that's the nature of his job and it is OK. We will get more snuggles from Granna and GPop since we are staying with them. And my Weight Watchers attempts (which was SHOT over the last week) are starting up again.
Thank you for all of your prayers, kind words and helping hands. It could have been SO much worse and we are so incredibly thankful to our loving God for all his blessings on our family!
7 years ago
4 comments:
Thanks for the update! Glad you are getting closer to being home!
Oh Kim~
I am so thankful that ya'll arrived safely back in your hometown. I read your "ramblings" below and LOVED it! I knew I loved you for a reason. I LOVE your heart. Your children are blessed to call you mother.
We are continuing to pray.
XOXOX.
J
Glad you're getting back into a routine.
Hope things are coming along okay with your cleanup. I've been thinking about you! I nominated you for a blog award.
Post a Comment