So that crazy Hurricane Ike looks to be headed a little too close to home for us, so we are packing up our life and heading to DFW to spend a few days with Jason's family. And we I say "we" I mean all 8 of us...Jason, Kim, Jacob, Rylan, my parents and my grandparents. We are hoping to miss the rush - which we did NOT do when we left for Hurricane Rita. So blog world, this blessed momma will be out of touch for a few days. Please be praying for everyone in the path of Ike!!
And a thought to ponder... look around your house and think "What material possessions could I never see again and be OK with?" That is what I am doing right now... And I have decided we have too much stuff! But rest assured, ALL of the scrapbooks will be heading north with us! :)
7 years ago
5 comments:
Amen sister! The scrapbooks are in the 'ville as I type! HA!
Hope your trip went well. Call if you get a chance.
Love you.
We'll be praying for yall- it's not looking good for the Houston/Galveston area...
I will be praying for all 8 of you. Hope you are safe on your trip.
I could lose everything but my computer. One time in a tornado watch, I carried it with my kids to the bathtub!! :)
It's hard to distill all your life into one car load of stuff. But it really makes you think about what's important. We'll be in touch with you - cell phones - if anything here changes.
Praying for you guys! My parents are in Richmond and staying put so I'm worrying. We left during Rita too and it took us 17 hours to get to Huntsville. As for the things I could lose, everything but H's baby stuff and my sentimental and heirloom jewelry.
Post a Comment