Friday, June 6, 2008

DFW... part2

Last March our dear friends - Trey, Lacie, Kannon and Braden moved way up north. We were so sad, but have kept our friendship strong even though the miles are long. On our way home, we took a detour through their small town for a day and night of non-stop country fun!!!

We met them for church and were overwhelmed by love and friendliness by their new congregation. Then we went back to their house for a delicious, home-cooked meal. Now if you know Lacie, you know that the kitchen is one of her favorite places and that she is quite talented in the cooking department. She outdid herself with a fantastic meal of roast beef, veggies, squash patties (from their garden), green beans (from their garden) , homemade bread, sweet tea and peach cobbler (peaches from their neighbors garden). She even made brownies for Jason since he does not like cobbler! What a sweet friend!!

Even though the food was OUTSTANDING, the best part of the meal was looking around the table and watching our friends. Our husbands laughed. Our 4 little boys ate, giggled and chatted as only children can. Her oldest said the prayer. And Lacie and I wore much loved aprons. It made me so happy to see that with Christian friends, you never lose a beat. The 3 little ones were like 3 peas in a pod. And Kannon was an "idol" to them. He set a very good example with his manners and kindness to the little ones. After lunch the girls cleaned up the kitchen and the 6 boys went outside to play. They live on a big plot of land, so the boys were in heaven! Kannon drove them around on his gator and I think Jacob wants one now!

Two crazy bird friends working in the kitchen!
After playing until 4pm we thought it may be time to leave for home, but we really did not want to leave. And our friends did not want us to leave either! So we stayed!!! The 3 little ones were so excited they had more time to watch the big black lab through the glass. Braden, Rylan and Jacob were due 4 days apart. My boys were early, but we still say that our 3 little ones are the same age.
Braden is Mr. Muscles!!!! And, notice the horses? Yeah, their neighbors have horses. In the front yard. Now that is something you would never see in the city!
What a smile!!!
After supper, we threw the 3 little ones in the tub and they had SOOOOO much fun splashing! Kannon still had his cast on his leg, so he had a sponge bath in the other room. Once the boys were asleep by 7:30, Lacie and I headed out to her garden to pick some of her green beans. It was my first time to pick beans and it was loads of fun! We chatted and giggled as we got our hands dirty and picked 2 big boxes of beans! Later we watched "The Next Food Network Star" and snapped the beans.
We got up Monday morning and drove home. It was bittersweet. We could have stayed forever and the country life is very appealing. It was so heart-warming to see our 4 boys together. As we were pregnant, we talked about raising our boys together and dreamed of what wonderful friends they would be. When they moved we were sad that the boys would not have each other, but this weekend showed me that they still do have each other. We will still see our dear friends... they are practically blood relatives. So I'm thinking that even though there are many miles between us, our bond will continue to grow... the giggles will continue... so will the wrestling... and so will the prayers. What a blessing to have dear Christian friends! Thank you again for being so hospitable and sharing your love with us!!! We miss you already!

9 comments:

BriteCloud said...

That sounds like a wonderful visit! I almost felt like I was there from your description. I can just imagine those boys playing together!

Holly said...

I wish I could have been in your suitcase. What a great time! And those green beans...

Heather's House said...

sniff sniff....I'm wit Holly...wish I could hve hidden in your suitcase. It looks like yall had so much fun!

Lacie said...

Oh...Kim,

I miss yall already! I had so much fun and so did ALL the boys! YOu can borrow the Gator anytime-Ha!

Come back soon I can always use help in the garden-it would have taken me forever to get all those green beans on my own! Much more fun to pick and snap with a friend! I think you should make it an annual trip!

I am so glad yall did stay the night! What fun we would have all missed out on! The porch was made for friends!

Love ya!

penguinette said...

Lacie and Trey are very special people. And I am quite fond of those boys, too. Don't they have an amazing home?!? Lacie is such an outstanding hostess. The sign of true friends is when you don't see each other every day, but when you do get together, it feels like you haven't missed a day. :)

Danna Ramsey said...

This was a beautiful story and made me think of the "Lacies" in my life! What a blessing good friends are!

Whitney said...

It sounds like yall had such a fun time together! I especially love the picture of the two of you picking green beans! Gotta love those special times with sweet friends!

maria said...

I love the pictures you posted of your time up in Brock. It looks like you both had such fun. I can just picture you out in the garden picking beans. My mom and my sister and I used to do that in our garden when I was growing up and sit around and 'snap' the beans. What great memories...

silken said...

looks great!

I started a new site at my own domain (http://madameblogalot.com/). I added you to my blog roll. It's brand new right now, but maybe someday you can stop by and check it out!