Yes, it's true...the post-baby curves and lumps have gotten the best of me. I'm tired of the "muffin top" - you know that roll of loveliness that goes over your pant waist. I'm tired of being down on myself and trying to squeeze into clothes that used to be baggy. So I have made a new commitment - Weight Watchers!
Two of my dear friends and I began this journey the day after returning from Savannah. We decided to start before the trip, but wanted permission to eat like COWS and not feel guilty - see Mrs. Wilkes House and The Lady and Sons.
So far I have lost 7.2 pounds! Yipee!!! I am really liking the Flex Plan and am finding it very reasonable. Of course, I am not using my Paula Deen cookbook for now, but bought a great WW one at Half-Price Books for $7! Another yipee!
Now instead of 2 waffles with lots of syrup for breakfast, I'm choosing to eat a heart healthy cereal with reduced fat milk and strawberries on top. Much more filling and tasty, if I might add! Lunch is no longer a bland turkey sandwich with sour cream and onion chips. It is beef tacos on a wheat tortilla with lots of salsa or a big huge salad with almonds, feta cheese, strawberries and light balsamic vinaigrette. And dinner has less casseroles (gasp!) and more things you cook in separate pots! Carrots, green beans, grilled zucchini, less fatty meats, no bread (another gasp!) and no more sweet tea (yet another gasp!!).
I am eating fresh fruit for snacks and drinking mostly water. I still get a few sweets in here and there, but it is all reasonable. So far, I am loving it!!! It is nice to go to the meetings and compare strategies with my friends. So if you see me at the next potluck with my own plate from home, please do not be offended...I'm just counting points! And if I decline snacking at bunko, give me a pat on the back instead of pressuring me to indulge.
Monday is weigh-in day... hopefully it will be less than last week! Have you ever done WW? What were some of your favorite low point items?
7 years ago
1 comment:
"roll of loveliness" hee hee
Best of luck!
Post a Comment