Friday, March 21, 2008

Horton Hears A Who

Last weekend Jason's parents came down. On Saturday we decided to take the boys to their first movie, Horton Hears a Who. I dug through my teacher stash and got out 2 stuffed Horton's and we were off! Here's the family before going in...

And Jason's folks with my three favorite boys!
Now let me say, as a teacher, I am always skeptical of books turned into movies. And, as a primary teacher, I L-O-V-E Dr. Seuss! In fact, I have quite an obsession for all things Seuss. But that obsession, I'll save for another post. We were all so excited for the movie and to see how the boys would react to being in the theater. We were ready...clutching our Hortons and all! They sat really still through the 15 minutes of previews. Then Jacob started squirming. He was a wiggle worm for about 15 minutes, then he fell asleep...sound asleep. Snoring and all! Rylan on the other hand was mesmerised by Horton! He sat glued to the screen for about 45 minutes. Then he fell asleep...sound asleep. So Jason and I really got to enjoy most of the movie and got extra baby cuddles.So how was the movie? I loved, loved, loved it! There were a few age inappropriate words, but nothing bad. And they stuck to the book really well in my opinion. The elaborations were true to Seuss and cute. I would recommend it to all little kids and their parents! So overall, our first movie experience was a great one!

"I meant what I said and I said what I meant! An elephant is faithful one hundred percent!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're going to see Horton this week! I'm glad you gave it a good review, I can't wait! Sweet, sweet pictures of your boys sleeping!

maria said...

I'm so glad that you had a good first movie experience with the boys. I remember going to a movie early on with Layton and having to take him out at least once, so I'm glad things went well for y'all. We are definitely planning on seeing 'Horton' soon. I even picked out the same stuffed 'Horton's' from Kohl's a month ago in preparation to take to the movie when it opened (great minds think alike!)

BriteCloud said...

We saw it on Monday, and all loved it, too! Very good. I thought that Jim Carey and Steve Carrell did not OVER-act as they are prone to do. It was lovable.

Danna Ramsey said...

That picture of the two of you holding your sleeping boys? priceless.

Holly said...

I'm glad y'all enjoyed the movie. I can't wait to see it--glad to know that it is a fairly close adaptation--don't mess with Dr. Seuss!!

Pat R said...

Dr. Seuss is classic; after seeing Horton Hears a Who i was reminded how much that guy can pack into a simple storyline...