Monday, July 1, 2013

VBS 2013 - The Armor of God

As you can tell from my lack of blogging, this has been a BUSY spring!  With me trying to balance working, being a room mom for 2 classes, teaching kids at church, speaking at Ladies Day at church and plan VBS, I was slightly CRazY!!!  All that is done now and hopefully some day I will blog about some of our spring, but for now, I"m jumping in with last week... VBS!!!

Pat, Deena and I started in January and it was a LOT of work, but it turned out OH SO GREAT!!!  These are just the highlights... this is the boys class!  Notice the castle backdrop with the Bible verse... that took about 2 night of Cricut cutting and 2 days of gluing to complete... but isn't it great?!??!?!  Mrs. Beverly and Mrs. Lucy were there Guides and they love both of them to pieces!!!
 At the Thursday night Open House, we had a photo booth.  The teen actors were there most of the night, but near the end the local Flamingo's HAD to get in on the frame fun!  Holly was in charge of VBS photography, Robyn was a teacher, Heather was in charge of toddlers and I was one of the ring leaders.  It was SUCH a blessing to have the greatest friends helping on this week!
 Speaking of help... GPop and Granna!!!  Jason has been out of town a LOT with all the tornados, explosions and fires.  The week before VBS and the week of VBS, GPop and Granna had the boys FAR longer than I did!  I could not have made it without them loving on my sweet boys!
 The ring leaders... we make a really great team, if I do say so myself!!!
 Jason made it home Wednesday afternoon, so he got to be in our the last day of fun and the cleaning up!  But this photo Holly took is one of my all-time faves of my 3 fave boys!
 Here's Jacob walking between classes and obviously LOVING it!!!
 Our teen actors!  Our youth minister has a gift for writing skits.  He created the BEST skits ever and our teens did a FANTASTIC job!!! The kids were not only mesmerized, they learned deep Biblical truths too!
 Each day, the kids made a piece or two of the armor of God.  On Thursday before they left for the day, the teachers "dressed" them in the full armor of God.  Aren't they ADORABLE?!?!?!?
 Here's the whole family on the stage on THursday afternoon.  That castle was even more breathtaking in real life!  I love these people!!!
 One of the skits... the kids all thought Scammer was hilarious!
 In Robyn's class on the Sword of the Spirit day, she had this cool pop the balloon game with a sword pen.  On the balloon was a lie and the truth was on the inside.  It was SOOOOO fun (you you got to keep your pen!!)
 Rylan in his helmet of salvation!
 This year we added a PE rotation - HUGE hit!!! Here is my speed demon Rylan!
 Another skit...
 The puppet show in Robyn's room...
 The last skit...
 Most of the kids - this was taken at the Open House.  About 90 of our 125 kids came back.  It was wonderful to see them sing their songs for the parents.
VBS was a well worth labor of love... now to start thinking about 2014...

No comments: