Saturday, July 25, 2009

Learning Road Trip...

Last weekend Daesha and I travelled to Austin for a Bible Class Teacher's Workshop. In a nutshell, it was FABULOUS!!! We came back so pumped and excited that we truly could not handle ourselves!!!

Our strategy was divide and conquer, so we only sat in one class together. Friday night I had the privilege of hearing Denell*Dennis speak. She was extremely motivating and hit home about the spiritual warfare for our minds. It was a lesson geared towards adults and was outstanding. She talked about how Satan and Jesus battle for our minds and ultimately, Jesus will win! She also encouraged us to 4:8 our thoughts. I LOVE THAT!!! Philippians 4:8 is one of my most favorite scriptures. "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - anything that is excellent or praiseworthy - think on such things. She has written a Ladies Workbook that I bought and cannot wait to dive in to!

Friday night we also got to go to 2 different "Make and Take" sessions. Check out our Bible Teacher blog for all the details! :) LOTS of pics of crafts that are oh.so.cute!!!!! www.kidsandthebible.blogspot.com

Saturday was FULL!! Daesha went to lesson from the wonderful people at www.ourspiritualheritage.com I also went to one lesson was was blown away. The lesson I heard was about how to praise God and how to teach our kids to praise God. Do this exercise that she had us do and I know you will love it. Read Psalm 145. Make a list titled "God, you are..." and another list titled "God, you can..." Then read the Psalm and fill in your list. After reading the Psalm, start your prayers with those adjectives and verbs describing God. I have not given her lesson justice, but call me if you want a full recap! :)

If you are a Bible Teacher in Texas, I HIGHLY recommend going next year. We are planning on taking the church van! Their website is www.crccaustin.org/ctbtw.html (Someday I will learn how to do a link! hahahha)

On our way home, we got stuck in a terrible rainstorm...the kind with horizontal rain and hurricane force gusts of wind...

After hiding out under an overpass for about 20 minutes, this is what God gave us...
A beautiful reminder of His promise to us...and hope for the future!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Pat and I used to go to church with Denell. I KNOW you were blessed by her class. She is such a great teacher and mentor.

Lynn said...

and you were how close to my house?

Lynn said...

But, also I wanted to say that you are amazing. LCCOC is so blessed to have you. The children that growing up under you education and leadership are truly blessed. I am so happy that 2 of mine are there. I LOVE YOU.