Isn't Christmas simply the most wonderful time of the year?!?!? The whole world is focused on Christ (to some extent) and joy seems to flow from everyone you meet! We have had a fun holiday season in spite of runny noses and coughing. We did not get to do all of the activities that we had planned to do, but still had a wonderful month celebrating the love of our Savior and the love of our family.
Two of our greatest gifts on Christmas Eve.

This was the first Christmas Eve spent at Mom and Dad's in several years... probably close to 20!!! We
always went to Granny and
Popa's until the boys were born and then we have had it at our house. So Mom was thrilled to have her home full of laughter and yummy food this year.
Our family on Christmas Eve.

Opening gifts on Christmas Eve... we are very methodical and watch each present being opened,
anxiously awaiting the
recipients reaction.
Granna and
GPop loving their new
Christmas dishes.
Rylan and Jacob loved the
Little People airplane!

Kim made
Granna, Grandma S, and Granny a scrapbook calendar last year of 2007 photos. So this year I gave them a 12x12 album of Aug - Dec. 2006 and a
calendar of 2008. BIG HIT!!!
Popa enjoyed looking at the albums too!

After opening gifts we had a fancy meal from the Wendy's drive-
thru! I forgot to plan ahead for a supper... but in my defense, I was in bed sick from Saturday afternoon until Wednesday morning. After church we made another batch of cut-out cookies for Santa! This was a favorite activity of
Rylan and Jacob. When Jason was little he and Justin would make them with his mom every year, so we used that same recipe and had fun making memories for the next generation.
Jason helping
Rylan cut-out a gingerbread man cookie.

And admiring
their handiwork! They loved
their snuggly jammies! And when we asked what drink to leave out for Santa they both quickly replied with excitement, "Dr. Pepper!" DO our kids know Santa or what?!?!?!
Then it was time for Jan Brett's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas with Daddy!

After a night full of vision of sugar plums the boys woke up and were so excited to see
what Santa had left them.
Rylan requested Percy, a Thomas train. Jacob requested Horns to Toes by Sandra
Boynton.
That's all. Santa was a little more generous than their requests and they were very thrilled with what was waiting for them...

Jacob liked the things from his stocking the most! Sunglasses... gloves... Elmo slippers and his tool box. I think he "fixed" every piece of furniture in
the entire house!

More fixing by
Jacob...

We can hardly get
Rylan off his horse... he watches TV on it, reads books on it, sings songs on it... He loves his "force"!

And they also have enjoyed the Little People Garage from
Granna and
GPop! We are a Little People loving family!

So that was our Christmas! Hope you had as much fun with your
family as we had with ours!
5 comments:
Love it! Maddie used to watch t.v. on her "jeebra" (zebra). And we are new to the Little People party! Our older two didn't like them, but Eliza sure does!
How fun! The pictures and captions are so wonderful, I felt like I was there too!
Hugs, M
Those pictures are precious!! I really love the one of them looking at the cookies and Dr. Pepper.
That magic of Christmas is wonderful. This is the first year that none of our kids believed in Santa. But we still had a wonderful time.
You have been busy with your scrapbooking! The pages I saw were very good!
Love your sweet family!
Wow--those horses look soooo fun! Santa sure took good care of everyone! LOVE the scrapbooks--how, oh how do you do it???
Love that they baked cookies too--how sweet--and a great memory.
What a great Christmas! Love the scrapbook-I miss doing that. I have spent my extra time on the blog. I need to get back to that!
Post a Comment