Last week Jason took a a few days off of work for a mini-vacation. On Thursday we went to the Zoo. Overall our experience was fabulous. All in all, I took 268 photos! See I told you I need to take less... but how can you resist adorable boys and God's beautiful creations?!?!?!
It was so sweet to see the boys faces light up at each animal.
They called the giraffes "gaffe" and the elephants "
funt." Here is our family sitting by an elephant statue that was built in 1952. I think there is a pic of me by it when I was little... we'll have to investigate!

Jacob and
Rylan were
mesmerised by the
meercats!
They came up pretty close to the glass and rolled all in the dirt. Jacob squealed and laughed at
the brother
meercats playing chase.
GPop and
Granna (my parents) went with us to the Zoo. Jacob loved
GPop's hat! It sweet to watch my parents teach the boys about the different animals. We are so blessed to have them close by!

We were looking for the
spectacled bears when who should we see? Heather and Macy!! IT was Macy's Kindergarten field trip. We had not even talked about both of us going to the Zoo on the same day, so it was a real shock!
Rylan kept saying "Mace! Mace!" the rest of the day.

OK - being a Texas, I should not be shocked by cattle with LONG horns... but these
horns made my jaw drop!
Rylan said "cow - moo-moo." In honor of our Aggie friends, we did not make the connection to UT and the longhorns. (you're welcome Aggie friends! :) )
These are called
anokole cattle.

Jacob loved walking around and putting his face on the glass. He was looking at a tapir here. Look at those curls!
Rylan's favorite spot was on Jason's shoulders!

We were so excited to find a bison statue in the
Children's Zoo section. Our college mascot is the Bison, so this pic is for all of our
HU friends! Go
Bisons!

We were so excited for the petting zoo... that is, Jason and I were so excited. We thought the boys would love touching t
he animals. Not so much!!! We practically traumatized them at first by putting their hands on the goats and sheep! Jacob warmed up a little more quickly than
Rylan. By the end, they liked the goats and did not want the leave the petting zoo.

When
Jason was little, his folks took him on a
carousel and took some beautiful pictures of him! We tried to re-create those pics of
Jason with these shots.
Rylan was a little scared at first, but liked the ride by the end.

Jacob did not even want to sit on the animal at first. But by the end, he was holding on all by himself! This pic of Jacob is pretty close to the old pic of Jason. (IF I knew how to scan, you'd all get to see little Jason...someday!)

Our family on the
carousel.

The Children's Zoo has a really neat
prairie dog exhibit.
There are several
prairie dogs running on theses hills and you can crawl through a TINY tunnel to top your head out of the ground just like a real
prairie dog. I had to lay on my back with
Jacob on my tummy to get in the pop up part.
Rylan crawled to us and here we are!

After the children's zoo section, we sat by the duck pond and admired the pretty flowers and birds. Jacob was all grins in GPop's arms and Rylan was back on Daddy's shoulders!

NO trip to the zoo is complete without a stop by the most beautiful birds on the planet... the flamingos!!!
The boys were pooped! Jacob fell asleep on our way out and...
Rylan slept the whole way home.

Our Zoo Day was perfect - breezy, a little overcast and full of animal fun! We cannot wait to go back!
9 comments:
Amazing Pictures,Glad you had such a great day
I love all your pictures. However, 268 is more than you took during the entire Savannah trip! Oh my!
Y'all packed a lot of zoo into one day--looks like everyone enjoyed it though.
The prairie dog one is too cute.
What a fun day!! H was afraid of the goats at the zoo, too for a long time. You know, I'm not a goat fan either so I don't blame him! I loved seeing your pictures! Your boys are just gorgeous!
What a fun day at the zoo. That is one of our favorite outings. The boys are getting so big as well. It makes me laugh that you all have longhorn at your zoo. We have a catfish in our zoo swimming with all of these exotic fish. Who knew that catfish are considered exotic in some places.
Oh, that makes me excited! We are going to the zoo in Memphis on Sunday. John Mark is really into elephants and any animal that roars right now (actually, he things elephants do roar), so it should be a fun day.
Isn't it fun to see them discovering the world? So much wonder and joy...
Love,
Ashleigh
PS. You look slim & trim in your shorts :) Congrats from a fellow WW lover!
YEAH!! I am so glad we ran into you guys at the zoo...what fun!!
love ya!!
I am soooooooo proud of your weight loss! Rock on girlfriend. When I can gather up the energy (gulp) and the mindset, I will begin my journey. I have 33 lbs to go! Totally worth these little angels, right?!?!
You look great and your boys are PRICELESS!
Lots of love,
Janell
We go to the St. Louis Zoo often when we visit my parents, and I promise I love it more than my boys. And that's saying a lot, because my boys DO love the zoo! We used to visit the zoo you guys went to when we lived in Texas, though it was about an hour away. Your pictures are adorable and those boys are just precious!
It looks like y'all had such a fun time! We love going to the zoo with the kids--in fact, Ashlyn asks us about every week to go, she loves it so much! Anyway, it looks like a wonderful time had by all!
Post a Comment