Cooking - ah, one of my favorite things to do! I love to look up and down each aisle and wonder what delicious meals I can make with the ingredients. Food Network is one of my favorite channels and I truly feel like Paula, Rachael, Sandra Lee and Giada are my close, personal friends! But it became apparent to me that in spite of my love for cooking, 5:00 would roll around and there was no thawed meat, no veggie and certainly no plan for supper. So after WAY too many nights of take-out, I started menu planning.
For me, Sunday afternoon is the big plan day. I get out cookbooks and write on an adorable weekly calendar notepad from the Michael's dollar spot what we are going to eat every night. Then we usually go shopping on Sunday or Monday morning. My goal is to have one new recipe each week so that we don't get in a rut and one leftover night. During the summer, there is also at least one grill night. Holly also plans in one crock pot night - I need to do that too!
Some of my dear friends are also menu planning and posting their weekly menus to inspire others. So here is our plan for this week. Hope it will get your juices flowing and cooking some good meals for your family too! Maybe we can even start swapping recipes...
Monday - dinner from the Baker's
Tuesday - Chicken Sopa and salad
Wednesday - Chicken in wine sauce (from Paula Deen), mashed potatoes and green beans
Thursday - Taco Salad
Friday - Lasagna, green beans and french bread (Friday is usually some pasta for my husband - the runner)
Saturday - Chicken Picatta Pasta Toss (from Rachael Ray)
Sunday - lunch out with friends and dinner is leftovers
One of my friends is also trying to boil, brown, chop and dice all of her ingredients for two weeks at a time and freeze them. She is loving it, but I am not ready for that step...yet!
What's for supper at your house this week? How do you plan for each week?
7 years ago
3 comments:
I was laughing at the inner Spring Sing host coming out in your last post. I can see your personality coming out in your posts. I try to write out my menus, but I have been very lax about it since we moved. Everything that I have made from Giada has been wonderful. I also cook a lot from The Best of Cooking Light. I have been using more fresh fruits and veggies since we have been here, so I have been trying to cook new dishes using the vegetables that are in season. Wes is a very basic meat and potatoes kind of guy, so I will let you know how it goes. That chicken picatta pasta toss sounds yummy. I may have to get that recipe from you.
I plan out my menu each week, and we TOTALLY get stuck in a rut. If I had a dollar for every apple we have thrown away. . . But it's much easier not wondering what we're going to eat when I get home from work, church, or the gym. It's posted on the fridge. Jeremy is such a good cook, I let him make the meals, and I make sure it all gets cleaned up "right." We may have to exchange recepies. I really want to try butternut squash, I had some really good squash at a restaurant the other week, and I've been wanting to try it. Any ideas?
Sounds yummy! I just realized I forgot to put the sour cream in the Chicken Sopa, but we ate it up anyway!
I'd love to know how to make the chicken piccata toss--I'm all about the quick and easy. :)
Post a Comment