Jason is training for the Half Marathon. Several of our friends have been bitten by the running bug and it spread to Jason. He runs 3 days a week on his own and then every Saturday the group meets for the long run. He rises way before the sun and hits the pavement to get ready for "The Half" in January. So far he has worked up to 6 miles! I am so proud of him!!!!
A few weeks back the big group had a Family
Pancake Breakfast and Kid K. So the boys and I met Jason at the high school at 8 am for the party. The boys ate pancakes, blueberry muffins and apple juice. I think more of
the blueberry muffins stayed on their face than in their tummies!
hee heeThen they lined up all the kids - about 60 - at the starting line and they were off!!! Jason pushed Jacob and
Rylan in the stroller.
They even got a bib to pin on the stroller. At the end of the race each kid got a medal and a treat sack. Below you'll see our boys admiring their first medals!


Here is Jason pushing the boys in the race. Our friends
Ashlyn and Layton also ran in the Kid K. All of the kids were TOO cute! I was so impressed with all of the details that the organizers made to make the Kid K a real race for the kids. It was a special day and we are already looking forward to next year when the boys can toddle instead of being pushed.

Of course, the family photo... priceless!

So this Saturday when you are in your warm cozy covers, remember Jason and crew out running to get ready for the BIG day!
3 comments:
What a great idea, a Kids K. Steve ran "The Half" a few years ago and we were so proud of him. Glad Jason has started training early! I hear it's difficult to build up the stamina. Those boys are just too cute!
BTW, I have GOT to come over and help you fix the sideways photo thing! LOL
PLease come Rhonda!!! I am driving myself crazy turning my head to look!!!!
I am so happy you and Jason are starting the boys out right. It is so important that they begin learning to exercise and be active at an early age. Good job!! Proud of both of you! The pictures were great!
I'll have to tell Mary about the Kids K. Next weekend up there is the big Waterloo Race for Diabetes. We always had a 1 K for the bigger kids with prizes. The Kids K sounded like a really neat idea!
Post a Comment